Blockchain-based solutions have the potential to make government operations at different levels more efficient and improve the delivery of public services, while simultaneously increasing trust in the public sector.
For this to happen, education is key — getting the right people at the federal, state, and local government levels educated about the technology. Once the right people understand the promise of blockchain, existing problems that can be better solved through a blockchain-based solution than through the existing technology infrastructure, then we can start retooling government processes.
At the upcoming Abuja Blockchain & Digital Assets Conference 2019, the third edition of these conferences curated by Blockchain Nigeria User Group, a sub-set Organization of Blockchain Technology Users (OBTU), duly registered Incorporated Trust with Nigeria’s CAC, is scheduled to hold from 4–5 October 2019, at Abuja Sheraton Hotels, experts, industry stakeholders, thought leaders, and the academia will converge to brainstorm on how blockchain and other emerging technologies of the fourth industrial revolution can be leveraged by the Nigeria government and her agencies for improved public service delivery.
Agenda: The Blockchain Trust-Architecture for Governance and Public Service.
For more information regarding this click here.
Some of the expected Keynotes and Special Guest include Hon Femi Gbajabiamila (Speaker HoR Nigeria), Roger Ver, aka “Bitcoin Jesus” CEO, Bitcoin.com, and Joshua Hawley, founder Blockchain Advisory Mauritius/ Co-Founder of Mauritius Ethereum Alliance.
It will be a two-day event featuring panel discussion segments, project presentations, training, and workshops.
What we shall be talking about;
- Governance: how to regulate appropriately without stifling innovation
- Blockchain Integration with current activities & operations
- Technology Skills needed along with the Talent to support Blockchain projects
- Selling the Potential of Blockchain to Senior Management & Non-Techies
- True Digital Transformation: using new business philosophies and technologies to enable real innovation
- How those currently in the Blockchain Trenches operate along with challenges and insights
- Security, Risks, and the future possibilities of blockchain technology
Venue: Sheraton Hotels, Abuja, Nigeria
Learn more at http://blockchainnigeria.group