Bitwise Asset Management is one of the leading providers of beta and Index funds, especially for crypto asset management space. Bitwise is a private group and the leadership comprises of the professional and seasoned management team. In 2017, the world’s first crypto asset fund was created by this firm. As of today, the firm manages several funds serving family offices, institutions, high net worth individuals, advisors, and asset managers.
- Bitwise Asset Management was founded in 2017, established the first cryptocurrency index fund; further, it is the noted provider in the crypto asset space, which is rules-based. Bitwise is located in San Francisco; the team spearheads by combining modern software expertise with several years of asset management experience.
- The firm Bitwise is advised and supported by the world’s well-known capital venture firms and has an incredible list of investors with rich experience in technology, crypto, fintech and traditional asset management on Board.
- Further, the team has a background from the firms, which includes Goldman Sachs, BlackRock, Deutsche Bank, IndexIQ, US Commodity Funds, Wealthfront, ETF.com, and Facebook. Moreover, Bitwise is backed by some of the leading investors and venture capital firms like General Catalyst, Blockchain Capital, and Khosla ventures.
One of the leading features in Bitwise is its security. As per their website, Bitwise assets are 100 percent held in cold storage having multi-signature configuration. Moreover, it uses third-party custodians and constantly upgrades its security development to stay ahead of the best industry standards. All the assets are stored in institutional-grade vaults, which are air-gapped from the net, and they use multi-signature technology.
Some of the Bitwise’s services are discussed below.
- Bitwise holds ten private index funds. It purchases assets from several liquidity providers, holds it, and audits it yearly. Taxes are prepared for investors and are currently restricted to the US accredited investors, along with 25,000 dollar minimum investment.
- It shares institutional research insights on the crypto asset market.
- Get detailed answers to the questions about particular projects and protocols.
- Helps to collaborate research reports for clients and firms.
- Speaks at conferences and crypto events.
- Bitwise also hosts webinars and workshops to build an understanding of various concepts.
Bitwise in the News
- Recently, Bitwise asset management had hired David Lawant, as a research analyst. David comes from the rich background of Heading Latam, an Equity research firm, which is one of the largest banks in the Southern Hemisphere. He will be helping Bitwise clients understand topics from real use cases, technology, and valuation.
- On January 10, Bitwise declared that it had filed an initial registration statement with the US SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) for a planned brand new physically held BTC Exchange Traded Fund (ETF).
Bitwise Asset Management is a trustworthy partner to Wealth mangers, Individuals, institutions, family offices, and investment managers who are keen on navigating cryptocurrency. Further, Bitwise develops indexes, insight, funds, and several other services. The firm has a steady background from software technology and prides itself on having an understanding of protocols while moving ahead with any innovation. We need to wait and watch how their funds are going to benefit the Individuals and the market.