As the year 2019 comes to an end, it sets the perfect time to analyze the significant improvements of the whole blockchain industry. Many major sectors were seen taking an active interest in blockchain technology and ConsenSys has played on the front by efficient infrastructure, product development, and community building. This year, the integration of blockchain technology was not limited to the financial sector only. ConsenSys has helped the luxury industry as well. Here is a quarterly series of major events that shaped the course for blockchain technology for this year.
- In January, with Halo Holdings and AMD, ConsenSys created a cloud-computing system W3BCLOUD.
- Amongst all its investments in the start-ups, its contribution of 2 million USD to Monerium makes the biggest cut.
- Showing huge diversity in forging associations, ConsenSys has tied up with Google, Lenfest and the creators of WordPress to develop a publishing platform.
- It also partnered with the US State Department and the Levi Strauss Foundation for the betterment of the lives of factory workers.
- In February, ConsenSys and Aliinfra tied up for facilitating access, choice, and liquidity to the new investors for infra assets that are not listed.
- ConsenSys also put its first step for penetrating the Singapore market by inking an MoU with Tribe Accelerator with the support of the Singaporean Government.
- In March, ConsenSys invested 1.15 million USD in Ligero, a lightweight and scalable protocol for secure multi-party computation.
- ConsenSys got global recognition as its Chief Growth Officer, Agnes Budzyn named as one of the Young Global Leaders.
- In April, ConsenSys declares its Tachyon II Accelerator Program.
- As per a Forbes report published in April, more than 50% of the top 50 billion dollar companies considering blockchain technology are working with Ethereum.
- MetaMask touched 1.1 million transactions in April.
- In May, ConsenSys invested in 21 Ethereum projects that marked 4th straight month of enhanced investment activity.
- ConsenSys tied up with Latham & Watkins LLP to launch Automated Convertible Note.
- Joe Lubin and Vitalik Buterin transferred 4000 Ether to MolochDAO.
- European fintech venture LiquidShare and ConsenSys’s PegaSys created a post-trade settlement infrastructure.
- In June, Truffle announced its association with Microsoft.
- ConsenSys Social Impact initiated a mentorship initiative in Iraq.
- In June, Truffle had 103,483 monthly downloads.
- ConsenSys and CapBridge launched the world’s first regulated private securities exchange, 1exchange in July.
- ConsenSys announced Tel Aviv as the location of its first international Ethereum summit.
- ConsenSys Social Impact came with Project Unblocked Cash, a case study for NGOs on blockchain technology.
- In August, PegaSys Pantheon was rebranded as Hyperledger Besu.
- ConsenSys launched a platform to manage payments based on cryptocurrencies- Daisy.
- ConsenSys came with a blockchain operating system specially designed for commerce and finance – Codefi.
- ConsenSys’s association took an exciting turn when it tied up with the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) to launch Impactio.
- In October, ConsenSys grants a whopping 175,000 USD to seven projects.
- ConsenSys Space got into force after an official announcement by Joe Lubin.
- ConsenSys Diligence and R&D jointly published “The State of Privacy on Ethereum.”
- ConsenSys attends Convergence, the 1st global congress on the blockchain.
- ConsenSys came up with a list of public sector blockchain experiments that may happen in the future or have been done.
- In December, ConsenSys Grants declared six new Wave 2 winners.
- Gitcoin finished 2019 with a $2,844,664 as a gross marketplace value.