The crypto payment network Crypto.com announced on December 18, 2020, that it will be organizing the Crossfire Mainnet Dry-run for testing the Crypto.com Chain mainnet ahead of its launch. Crypto.com Chain is the next-generation public blockchain that will facilitate cross-chain transactions between people and businesses.
The incentivized competition Crossfire will be open to validators, who will test the mainnet on the latest testnet Croeseid built on the codebase Cosmos SDK. The contest’s total prize pool is up to $300,000 worth of Crypto.com Coin (CRO) tokens.
As per crypto.com reviews and according to Crypto.com chief executive officer Kris Marszalek, the Crossfire Mainnet Dry-run is a crucial step toward stress testing the network before releasing the Crypto.com Chain mainnet.
The competition will conclude in 4 phases, beginning on January 18, 2021 (04:00 UTC) and ending on February 15, 2021 (03:59 UTC). A maximum of 200 validators can take part in the contest.
The registration process is as follows:
- Sign up at the website of Crypto.com Chain to become a validator.
- between December 17, 2020 (13:00 UTC) and January 11, 2021 (12:59 UTC).
Timeline of the Competition
- Phase 0: Registration Period and Pre-Validator setup
Important Dates: December 17, 2020 (13:00 UTC) – January 11, 2021 (12:59 UTC)
- Register for the Crossfire competition.
- Provide a Crypto.com Chain mainnet primary address through registration email.
- Use this primary address for performing tasks during the competition.
- Join the testnet Croeseid.
- Test the commands and establish the primary node.
- No CRO rewards in Phase 0.
- Phase 1: Validator Setup
Important Dates: January 18, 2021 – January 25, 2021
- Launch of the special Crossfire Mainnet Dry-run testnet.
- Set up the primary node.
- Submit block commitments (at least one) to the network.
- Successful validators will earn CRO rewards.
- Phase 2: Keep Primary Node Active
Important Dates: January 25, 2021 – February 08, 2021
- Keep the primary node active and stable.
- Maintain the primary node with 50% of uptime.
- Perform the network upgrade.
- Validators will earn CRO rewards for successfully upgrading the primary node.
Important Point: Up Time = Total number of commitments (Phase 1)/Total number of blocks (Phase 2)
- Phase 3: Network Attack & Defence
Important Dates: February 08, 2021 – February 15, 2021
- Launch network attacks
Important Point: The primary node uptime in phase 3 will decide the score of the task of the most valuable participant. The network might add more tasks in phase 3 as and when required.
Throughout the competition, participating validators will compete with each other for a series of tasks. The participants will be rewarded with CRO tokens upon successful completion of the tasks.
- Entry Level Tasks
- Validator Setup (Phase 1)
Validators need to set up a primary node and submit at least one block commitment to the network. Successful participants will earn $200 worth of CRO tokens.
- Keep Primary Node Active (Phase 2)
Participants will be awarded $800 worth of CRO tokens upon maintaining 50% of uptime with the primary node.
- Additional Tasks with Additional CRO Rewards
Participating validators will have the opportunity to earn additional CRO rewards for performing a set of different tasks, such as:
- Transaction Jackpot ($100-$2,500 CRO): For successfully sending transactions to the network.
- Proposal Voting ($50 CRO): For successfully voting for the network upgrade proposal.
- Perform Node Upgrade ($100 CRO): For performing node client upgrade of the primary node.
- Network Attack Sharing ($50,000 CRO): To analyze and provide details of the attacks observed on the crypto network and share it on the Crypto.com Chain GitHub.
- Most Valuable Participant ($500-$5,000 CRO): Each task will carry a specific score. The top 10 participants, who achieve the highest score, will have the chance to earn additional CRO rewards.
Breakdown of Validator Rewards
- Entry Level Tasks: Up to $1,000 each (200 winners)
- Network Upgrade: Up to $150 each (200 winners)
- Transaction Jackpot: Up to $10,000
- MVP Prize: $13,000 (shared among the top 10 participants)
- Network Attack Sharing: Up to $50,000 (shared among contributors)
Crypto.com also offers a referral program where participating validators can refer anyone to join the Crossfire Mainnet Dry-run. The eligibility criterion for receiving the referral bonus is completing the entry-level tasks. The program will reward both Referrer and Referee a bonus of $50 worth of CRO tokens.
- Champion: $5,000 worth of CRO tokens
- First runner-up: $3,000 worth of CRO tokens
- Second runner-up: $1,500 worth of CRO tokens
4th to 10th place: $500 worth of CRO tokens each