Crypto is heating up once again! DeFi has exploded onto the scene, scalability of Ethereum is in question and gas fees are out of control, interest in central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) is hot, regulators are scrutinising closely and expectations that Bitcoin is going to the moon soon is causing a rumble in the crypto jungle!
Bitcoin Events’ popular Crypto Fest is back for its second edition on October 30, 2020, and once again will include controversial speakers and discussions. The event will be a festive gathering of 500+ attendees, uniting entrepreneurs, traders, investors, developers, industry enthusiasts, among others, with a jam-packed day with exciting keynotes, workshops, presentations, contentious topics, product exhibitions, competitions, and entertainment.
This year sees the main event being hosted online and an in-person after-party will be hosted at a beautiful venue in central Cape Town, South Africa, in line with all COVID-19 restrictions on in-person gatherings.
Bring your virtual boxing gloves! The Crypto Battles bring together speakers from a variety of backgrounds to debate and contest controversial topics such as:
- Decentralised finance or DeFi—is it a bubble and could it end badly?
- WTF is YFI? YFI has pumped to amazing price heights, totaling at over 4,400% gains inside a two-month span. What is all the excitement about? Is this price action warranted, and does the token have actual value?
- Ethereum 2.0: To be or not to be? Competition for Ethereum is getting stiffer. Cardano, Tezos, RSK, Matic Network, Tron, Cosmos, and Algorand are some of the rivals. Will there be a clear winner?
The event will showcase the latest trends in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space, with featured sessions and key figures offering expert insight into:
- The future of peer-to-peer payments
- Yield farming incentives
- Keyless wallets and security of crypto assets
- Enabling institutions to self-custody their assets
- The future of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency mining pools
- Investing strategies and institutional investments
- Digital asset management and custody
- Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs)
- Regulation and compliance—what type of regulation are we seeing global and what are the challenges and focus areas for regulated entities?
Meet some of our amazing speakers!
- The Crypto Fest 2020 speakers represent countries such as United States, United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Argentina, Singapore, South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria.
- James Preston, Executive Editor at Global Crypto will once again bring his high energy as the Master of Ceremonies.
- An exciting lineup of 30+ global speakers, discussing a wide variety of topics, include:
- Ray Youssef – CEO and Co-Founder of Paxful
- Illia Polosukhin – Co-Founder at NEAR Protocol
- Tone Vays – Content Creator, Derivatives Trader and Consultant
- Gabriel Kurman – Master Advocate at IOV Labs
- Taylor Monahan – Founder and CEO of MyCrypto
María Paula Fernández – Advisor at Golem Factory GmbH and Founder and Managing Director of ETHBerlin
- Wiehann Olivier – Audit Partner at Mazars South Africa
Manuel Ferrari – Co-Founder at Money On Chain
- Nathaniel Luz – Lead at Dash Nigeria
- Eduardo Antuña Díez – Co-Founder and Project Lead at DappNode
- Chris Thomas – Head of Digital Assets at Swissquote Bank
Emi Lorincz – Director Sales and Business Development at Ledger
Sahabia Yakubu – Ambassador for MakerDAO and Founder and CEO at Defi Africa
- Brenton Naicker – Business Development Manager, Binance (South Africa)
- Farzam Ehsani – CEO and Co-Founder of VALR.com
Richard de Sousa – Founder and CEO of AltCoinTrader
- Roselyne Wanjiru – Director of Growth and User Acquisitions at Pesabase
The workshops will provide information on how to invest easily into cryptocurrencies and the trading workshop on how to compete and trade with cryptocurrencies utilising customisable bots that execute personalised trading strategies.
The workshops are sponsored by QuidPro and Stratum.
The event’s main sponsor is Paxful. Paxful is a popular, safe, peer-to-peer marketplace where anyone can buy and sell Bitcoin using over 300 payment methods such as PayPal, gift cards such as iTunes and Amazon, ApplyPay, bank transfers, Facebook messenger payment, and WeChat.
“We are excited to continue to partner with local industry initiatives like the Crypto Fest. The event creates much-needed awareness about the opportunities in our sector, as well as providing a valuable platform for industry collaboration. We look forward to working with many more local partners, who share our vision of using cryptocurrencies to disrupt finance for good.” says Ray Youssef, CEO and Co-Founder of Paxful.
Other sponsors for this event include Mazars, AltcoinTrader, and Luno. The Godfathers is a leading deep house music production company and the entertainment sponsor for the event.
Get your crypto game on! Meet the pioneers, the early adopters, and the highly influential and established opinion leaders!
REGISTER for FREE here.