The DeFi Conference 2020 hosted by Bitcoin Events, is a feature-packed free event for anyone to attend and learn about the opportunities that decentralized finance offers to individuals and organizations alike.
Decentralized finance (more commonly known as ‘DeFi’) is growing rapidly, spawning investment and attention from many corners of the finance world. The world of traditional finance is on the brink of evolution as cracks in traditional finance are beginning to widen.
This one-day event is jam-packed with content: two tracks and over 30 global speakers from the most prominent companies in the DeFi space, covering topics such:
- Reinventing banking with DeFi
- Importance of high-quality data in DeFi
- Macro finance and technological trends contributing to the growth of DeFi
- The African context and DeFi adoption
- Leveraging order book data to measure liquidity
- Cryptocurrency investments
- DeFi lending platforms
- The future of stablecoins
- The importance of privacy and security in DeFi
- DeFi risk management approaches
- Regulatory and compliance issues
- The future of DeFi
To summarise, the event will explore the current DeFi landscape and players, its impact on the world of traditional finance and the future of DeFi.
The event offers dedicated online spaces for people to network and share business ideas, exhibition opportunities, where companies can showcase their products and services with the audience and opportunities to engage directly with speakers.
Meet some of the amazing speakers!
Global innovators and thought leaders are part of the exciting speaker lineup. These include:
Other speakers include:
- Ambre Soubiran – CEO of Kaiko
- Lex Sokolin – Global Fintech Co-Head at ConsenSys
- Gustav Arentoft – Business Development (Europe, SEA, Africa), Maker Foundation
- Itamar Lesuisse – Co-Founder and CEO of Argent
- Alex Batlin – Founder and CEO of Trustology
- On Yavin – Founder and CEO of Cointelligence
- Alex McDougall – Co-Founder of Bicameral Ventures
- Friederike Ernst – COO at Gnosis
- Richard de Sousa – Founder and CEO of AltCoinTrader
- Luca Consentino – Product and Go to Market at Oasis Labs
- Rebecca Mqamelo- Head of Growth at Zerion
- Jorge Sebastiao – CTO, Advisor, Executive Board Member of the Government Blockchain Association (GBA)
- George Samman – Advisor at Kadena and Fantom
- Andrey Bugaevski – Project Lead at Incognito Chain
Sponsors and Partners of the DeFi Conference 2020
Aave, a well-known lending protocol that enables users to lend and borrow a diverse range of cryptocurrencies using both stable and variable interest rates, is onboard as a Partner of the event.
AltcoinTrader, a South African based cryptocurrency exchange, StakerDAO a platform designed for governing financial assets in a secure, decentralized, and compliant manner and Dash, a cryptocurrency designed to ensure user privacy and anonymity, are the Gold Sponsors of the event.
“The DeFi Conference 2020 is an excellent opportunity for individuals in the industry, and those that are interested to know how DeFi is set to disrupt traditional finance, to learn about the latest DeFi trends and opportunities.
It offers fantastic networking and interactive benefits including access to some of the most well-known people in the DeFi space.” Sonya Kuhnel, Director at Bitcoin Events.
Register for the DeFi Conference 2020 here.
For more information on the DeFi Conference 2020 visit our website at www.bitcoinevents.co.za