PARIS January 16, 2020—EthCC (Ethereum Community Conference), the largest annual European Ethereum conference, is back with a focus on fast-tracking meetings between startups and investors with ‘EthVC’ for its third edition taking place from March 3–5, 2020, in Paris, organised by non-for-profit association, Ethereum France.
“As we step into the next decade, we remain committed to our mandate of creating meaningful community connections with the sole focus of enabling the industry to thrive. We also want to emphasise that we welcome the global french-speaking community to participate in the Ethereum ecosystem,” Jerome de Tychey, Founder and President of Ethereum France.
For the first time at EthCC, the Ethereum France team will be launching EthVC, a new programme to fast-track meaningful relationships between the brightest companies and strategic investors.
There will be dedicated workshops and talks for investors to learn and keep up with the rapidly evolving developments in the blockchain industry.
“We want to support the startups in the Ethereum community by linking them with the opportunity to pitch their projects to high-quality strategic investors, who can propel their projects to their next stage of growth. It is also our hope that EthVC investor attendees will end up with a better understanding of blockchain than their peers and have the most promising projects in their deal flows, ” said Tychey.
There will be dedicated workshops and talks for investors to learn and keep up with the rapidly evolving developments in the blockchain industry. On the agenda, we have pitch sessions, which will enable a select curated pool of companies to pitch their projects to investors.
Topics the conference will explore include developments in the Decentralised Finance (DeFi) world, Enterprises utilising Blockchain, updates on ETH 2.0, and the rollout of DAO (Decentralised Autonomous Organisations).
A selection of speakers at EthCC 3 will be addressing different subjects and addressing different levels of comprehension of the blockchain technology, through panel discussions, presentations, and workshops.
- Fabian Vogelsteller, creator of ERC-20 token standard and founder of LUKSO, an Ethereum sister network dedicated to mainstream applications. Fabian’s focus is on blockchain use cases, which are less interesting for ordinary users, as they are either very technical, financial focus, or too complicated to use. LUKSO focuses on creating an ecosystem for applications that are interesting for the 1 billion people on social media, the fashion landscape, and the creative industries.
- Ashleigh Schap, advisor at Uniswap, a protocol for an automated token exchange on Ethereum. Ashleigh will lead an in-depth strategy workshop for crypto projects that are seeking to improve messaging around their products, develop business development strategies, and scale their growth.
- Eli Ben Sasson, Co-founder and Chief scientist at StarkWare, that is bringing scalability and privacy to blockchains using STARK technology, they will be discussing the growing role of privacy and its role for the DeFi community.
- Christiane Ernst, product manager at Gnosis, that is building new market mechanisms through blockchain-based decentralized platforms, enabling the redistribution of resources. Christiane will be talking about auction mechanisms for DEXs, and Gnosis’ new protocol for efficient, multidimensional order books that will move out of research and toward a 2020 public launch.
- Ryan Gittelson, Co-founder of Virtue Poker, a (Peer-to-Peer) Poker Platform using Ethereum, will be coming to EthCC 3 with an exciting announcement on the future of Virtue Poker.
EthCC has seen over 250 speakers and 1100 attendees in previous years and is well known for bringing together the best and brightest minds of the industry.