In these trying times, ETHTurin went from a physical, local event to a virtual event with the help of many NFT and blockchain partners to make it happen and hack on local solutions to real-life issues, such as the current COVID19 crisis, governance, the environment, and more.
“We are working with Interspace.chat on defining a new standard for virtual events in the blockchain space, which is a mix of live streams, Jitsi rooms, 3D spaces, and chat rooms. Virtual does not have to be boring, and we are lucky to partner with the entire Ethereum to make it awesome,” says Matteo Tambussi, Co-organizer of the event. The goal is for hackers to have the necessary resources and mentorship to build ESG solutions based on Ethereum.
Our NFT tickets for the event are provided by Mintbase. These allow hackers to get an NFT ticket when they are accepted into the hackathon. “The advantage of NFT tickets is that it is really an empty shell that can receive other NFT assets, such as a piece of crypto art, raffling rewards, and even hacking prizes,” says Fanny Lakoubay, Co-organizer of the event.
“Furthermore, NFT tickets are not dying after the event. They live on and unlock other features. We also built a ticket redeemer that can be used by anyone who creates a store on Mintbase. Nate and I will also be holding a workshop at ETHTurin and we would love to motivate people to use our system for environmental and social good. That is what I find so exciting about being part of ETHTurin,” says Carolin Wend, Director of Business Development at Mintbase.
Deora.earth is developing the quadratic voting process to judge hackers’ projects that will integrate with Mintbase NFT tickets for hackers. This is based on the RadicalxChange quadratic voting theory developed by E. Glen Weyl in his book, Radical Markets.
Finally, ETHTURIN will host an exclusive exhibition of Italian crypto art via an exhibition of art NFTs in the 3D world Cryptovoxel, made possible by curator Eleonora Brizi and artist Hackatao.
Who is the event for?
Everybody is welcome.
Hackers with or without experience of Ethererum/Solidity are welcome to build their own projects, respond to bounties proposed by our partners, but the big focus will be on Local Impact and ESG/SDG challenges as seen below. Apply as a hacker >
Non-technical people are also welcome to claim their NFT ticket to attend the conference and workshop part (even without a crypto-wallet as Fortmatic handles) this for you on Mintbase in case you don’t have an ERC-721 compatible wallet. Claim an attendee ticket >
What are the hackathon tracks?
- Smart Mobility: TCRs, distributed reputational systems or bounties systems aimed at incentivizing carpooling and virtuous behaviors for users of e-scooters and bike-sharing.
- Green Cities: the Urban Farming grassroots movement has in Turin a dynamic outpost. ETHTurin is looking forward to seeing DAOs/Multisig wallets for Urban Gardens, check-in features for participants and a GPS bounties system for Turin’s Urban Gardens test lab.
- Micro DeFi: The possibility of operating traditional DeFi with a direct impact on local businesses, scenes, and communities would allow crypto holders to stake value to the addresses representing local centers of production of goods, services, and culture.
- Governance: ETHTurin, as a partner of RadicalXChange Foundation, is interested in creating local scenarios of adoption of Quadratic Voting. QV is proving to be a smarter system to allocate political preferences, especially in times of right-wing blended tyranny of the majority. This track might consist in integrating a QV plugin for communities of same-token holders.
- COVID19 and Privacy: The political measures to contain the COVID19 pandemic are opening worrying scenarios of state intrusion into the citizens’ privacy. The same results can be achieved without suspending these civil rights by adopting P2P solutions that use, as an example, Bluetooth technology to keep track of close contacts between individuals who tested positive to COVID19. Four additional bounties will be added to the main track and will be announced right before the hackathon starts with over $3K in prizes.
Support the project!
Redeem an NFT ticket for the event here, it’s free. If you don’t have time to attend, that’s ok. There are other ways you can support the projects: Say hi on Discord and spread the word on Twitter. Support our Gitcoin grant, donate in ETH or reach out at hello[@]ethturin.com.
For more information visit: https://ethturin.com/