- eToro Review
- When and how eToro began?
- Why is eToro acing the trading and investment world?
- Innovations one after the other by eToro
- The unique blend of CFDs
- Understanding ‘CopyPortfolios’ by eToro
- Understanding CopyTrading by eToro
- How to Open an account in eToro?
- What is the Fee for using eToro?
- Methods of Depositing and Withdrawing funds on eToro
- Latest fiat pairs by eToro
- How safe is eToro?
When and how eToro began?
eToro started in 2007, much before the entry of the cryptocurrency. The dependency and the limitation of trading due to the presence of banks and other financial institutions compelled the entrepreneurs of the company to push the boundaries of the trading industry. The aim was to come up with a platform that offers innovative financial services with particular focus on providing greater accessibility to clients regardless of their geo-location.
This led the entrepreneurs to launch an online trading platform that started by offering info graphs about the trading world. Two years down the line, ‘WebTrader’ was introduced that catered to all kinds of traders with a good variety of trading tools. The company’s vision to back the user with a whole variety of trading and investment possibilities is what allows the company to ace the game. Whether you are a stock investor at any level or a crypto investor, eToro – one of Forex Brokers Australia has something to offer you.
Today, eToro is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission (CySEC), and Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
eToro Review – Start now with eToro!
Why is eToro acing the trading and investment world?
The reason is simple. The company is not leaving any stone unturned and is constantly pushing itself to cater to its user base more and more with every passing day. Take, for example- the Copy Portfolios. It is a theme-based long-term investment plan. It is guided by well planned pre-decided planning which is empowered by managed assets and successful traders. Another example is of Popular Investor program. Things like these set the company apart and give the clients ‘confident and time-tested strategies’ to invest in the ever-fluctuating crypto world.
The platform also offers a range of highly useful tools. eToro believes in educating the users about trading skills as well as offering them a good platform to do so. Given it is a general trading platform, it caters to both the traditional investments as well as crypto investments. Here are some interesting tools that you get to enjoy once you use the platform-
- eToro offers a ‘virtual-money account.’ It is a form of ‘virtual money’ which the users can use for understanding how the trading actually works. The users can get a deeper understanding of the trading tactics and plan with the help of this virtual money. eToro gives an amount of $100,000 as virtual money.
- Another tool is the electronic calendar. It may sound very basic, but given that it is offered by the world’s leading trading platform, it has got to have an edge, right? Well, with the electronic calendar, upon the selection of the dates, one’s desirable time zone, and the desirable assets, the electronic calendar then shows the related events that have a direct impact on the assets you have selected. Moreover, the user also gets a regular market analysis, overviews, and other information that comes in handy for trading purposes.
eToro Review – Why to Choose eToro?
Innovations one after the other by eToro-
- With the launch of the first social trading platform- ‘OpenBook’ in 2011, several changes came in the trading world such as the ‘Copy Trader’ option which allowed clients to imitate the trading mantras of the successful traders.
- The following year saw the addition of the platform’s stocks to currencies, commodities, and similar assets.
- In the next year- 2013, the company launched the ‘eToro mobile app.’ This allowed the company to spread its wings to a greater number of audiences by allowing the app to be suitable for both the Android as well as iOS users. In the same year, the company started to mingle with the new age currency, i.e., cryptocurrency. At that point in time, eToro allowed its users to trade Bitcoin (BTC) with the help of CFDs.
- After two years, in 2015, there was the upgrading of the platform that increased the overall efficiency and innovativeness of the platform.
- In 2016, the Copy Portfolio feature was introduced by the company. It was a theme-based long term investment plan which was guided by well planned, pre-decided planning which is empowered by managed assets and successful traders.
- In early 2017, the company added support for trading cryptocurrencies on its platform. At that point, cryptos such as Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Ripple’s (XRP) were introduced for trading.
The comparatively limited crypto trading options-
The company offers almost all the major cryptos of the crypto land, but in comparison to other platforms, the breadth of cryptos offered by the eToro platform is quite limited. Given the platform is more of a general trading platform and not a crypto-focused one, we, therefore, get a short range of cryptos. As of now, the cryptos that this company offers for trading are as follows-
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Ethereum Classic (ETC)
- Litecoin (LTC), and
- Ripple (XRP)
The unique blend of CFDs in Crypto trading on eToro-
eToro Review – Known as Best CFD Trading Platform
CFD stands for ‘Contract for Difference.’ This derivative trading allows the users to analyze the fall or rise in the financial markets. With CFD, the user doesn’t buy or sell the assets, but instead the user trades a specific number of units of that particular asset. CFDs can be used for cryptocurrencies, indices, shares, fiat currencies, treasuries, as well as for commodities.
CFDs are complex financial instruments and are subject to high risks. Many retail investors lose money when they trade CFDs with this provider or other providers. Investors should act judiciously and consider whether they can afford to take the high risk of losing money or not.
CFDs are like high waves. They either take you to great heights, or they make you fall from great heights. Trading accounts of a retail investor often lose money when trading CFDs as they involve a high risk of losing. The investor must be prepared to take the high risk of losing money when trading CFDs. If he cannot afford to take the risks involved, he should refrain from investing too much of his funds. What drives investors towards CFDs is the lucrative results one may get if there is a favorable movement. A favorable movement results in multiple times of units one has already sold or purchased. In the same way, if the market movement is not in your favor, for in every downwards move, the user faces losses.
The blend of cryptocurrency with CFD is like a hand and glove. Given eToro is one of the earliest players, who offered BTC through CFDs in 2013, the mix of the two still has relevance since then. Therefore, many of the crypto trades are still done by a retail investor via CFDs. This continued till September 3rd, 2017. After this point, the users got to own the asset directly.
In addition to the CFDs, eToro also offers crypto trading to its user base. Although, opening short or sell positions on the platform still involve the CFD position.
Understanding ‘CopyPortfolios’ by eToro-
eToro Review – CopyPortfolios
In 2018 ‘CopyPortfolios’ were introduced. CopyPortfolios offer assets that can be traded on the platform which comprises of well-chosen assets or traders of already decided tactics. CopyPortfolios can be used for both the crypto trading as well as the traditional fiat currency trading. There are several CopyPortfolios offered by the company, such as ‘Cryptocurrency,’ and ‘Crypto CopyPortfolio.’ The first one gives access to Ethereum (ETH) and Bitcoin (BTC). Whereas the latter offers a good balance of Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Litecoin (LTC), Dash (DASH), and Ripple (XRP.)
Understanding CopyTrading by eToro-
As the name suggests, with CopyTrading, the user can imitate the trading mantras of the successful traders. Those trading strategies wherein clients do not have to take the high risk of losing, and ensure constant returns over a sustained period, get the chance of becoming popular. These popular traders get a chance to win rewards by sharing their knowledge and trading insights.
This set up of sharing the trading knowledge and winning rewards for it is a win-win situation for both the beginners and expert traders. Beginners can implement these key points into their trading strategy so that they do not have to take the high risk of losing money. But if they still intend to indulge in trading, they should be prepared to take the high risk involved. If he cannot afford to take the risk, he must consider whether to invest or not. Many retail investor accounts lose money due to bad decisions while trading in cryptocurrencies, forex, stocks, or other financial commodities. Newbies can avoid this with the help of expert advice provided at eToro. They should act with extra caution while trading crypto, stocks, or CFDs with this provider or any other provider.
Eligibility for using eToro-
You can execute your trades using eToro if it is legally permitted in your country. (There are countries where due to the mismatch with the trading laws, the platform is not allowed to practice). As of now the countries where trades via eToro can’t be performed include the United States, Canada, Cuba, Japan, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Turkey, Serbia, Albania, and Sudan.
How to Open an account in eToro?
Registering for an eToro account is simple; an account can be easily opened online. Once the user submits all the information required for opening an account, there is usually a waiting period of 1-4 days. In the meantime, your identity would be verified and your account opened. The charges for opening an account differ from country to country. US and Australian nationals need to pay $50 to open an account, while nationals from other countries need to pay $200 to open an account. eToro connects your trading account to a bank with the help of Plaid. Outside the US, you can use a credit card, PayPal, Neteller, Rapid Transfer, Skrill, Sofort and iDEAL to fund your account.
The Minimum Trades on eToro-
As the platform caters to all kinds of traders regardless of experience, there naturally comes a need for setting a minimum standard for the trades on the platform. In order to participate in the CopyTrading, the minimum amount of funds that a trader should have in his account is $200. Whereas, the minimum amount of investment for the CopyPortfolios is $5,000. Other minimums are-
- The minimum trade for cryptocurrencies, fiat currencies, and commodities are $25.
- The minimum trade for stocks is $50.
- The minimum trade for ETFs and indices is $200.
For the traders who have registered on or after April 2, 2017-
- The minimum trade for cryptocurrencies is $200 (The minimum trade for ETFs and stocks is $500.
- The minimum trade for commodities is $2,500.
- The minimum trade for indices and Forex is $5,000.
What is the Fee for using eToro?
eToro Reviews – Checkout Fee!
Different fees are applicable for trades at various levels. Such as zero fees are applicable for opening an account on the platform. There are minimum spreads for every currency, which keeps on changing based on the market fluctuations. Here is a list of spreads-
- Bitcoin (BTC) has 1.5 percent,
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) has 5 percent,
- Dash (DASH) has 3 percent,
- Ethereum (ETH) has 2 percent,
- Ethereum Cash (ETC) has 5 percent,
- Litecoin (LTC) has 3 percent,
- Neo (NEO) has 5 percent,
- Stellar (XLM) has 5 percent, and
- Ripple (XRP) has 3 percent.
Methods of Depositing and Withdrawing funds on eToro-
eToro offers a good variety of methods when it comes to depositing and withdrawing money on the platform. All these different ways naturally have a different minimum deposit. The variety gives a chance for every kind of budget to participate on the platform.
Some of the different kinds of deposit options are-
- Wire transfers
- Bank transfers
- Webmoney UK
When it comes to withdrawing, clients are expected to fill up a form. Only after this, clients are able to get money through PayPal, a bank transfer, credit card, or debit card. Other requirements of withdrawal are-
- Passport copy (colored), and
- Proof of address.
Latest fiat pairs by eToro-
With the addition of thirty-five new fiat pairs, the platform offers trades in forty-four fiat trading pairs. The new pairs target to cover a good range of countries and currencies. Following are the new fiat pairs as per country-
- For Australia, the new fiat pairs include- BTC/AUD, ETH/AUD, XRP/AUD, ETC/AUD, BCH/AUD, LTC/AUD.
- For Canada, the new fiat pairs include BTC/CAD, ETH/CAD, XRP/CAD, ETC/CAD, BCH/CAD, LTC/CAD.
- For Japan, the new fiat pairs include ETC/JPY, BCH/JPY, LTC/JPY.
- For New Zealand, the new fiat pairs include BTC/NZD, BCH/NZD, ETH/NZD, ETC/NZD, LTC/NZD XRP/NZD.
- For Switzerland, the new fiat pairs include BTC/CHF, ETH/CHF, XRP/CHF, LTC/CHF, BCH/CHF, ETC/CHF.
- For the United Kingdom, the new fiat pairs include BCH/GBP, ETC/GBP, LTC/GBP, XRP/GBP.
- For the European Union, the new fiat pairs include BCH/EUR, ETC/EUR, LTC/EUR, XRP/EUR.
Good News for the United States traders-
Last month, eToro decided to concentrate on crypto-based trading, which will be catered to the U.S. traders and users. In this regard, a multi-signature crypto wallet and a mobile-based application for trading through credit cards were introduced. As for now, these services are available for thirty-two states in the U.S. The following cryptos are currently allowed-
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Ripple (XRP)
- Dash (DASH)
- Neo (NEO)
- EOS (EOS)
The multi-signature crypto wallets by eToro-
The multi-signature crypto wallets are supported by both the Android as well as the iOS operating system. These crypto wallets support the following crypto coins-
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Bitcoin cash (BCH)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Stellar (XLM)
- Ripple (XRP)
Ways of using the crypto wallets-
Here are the ways of using the crypto wallets-
- For transacting and storing purposes, the users who are already executing trades using this platform can access the wallet directly by logging into the wallet.
- The conversion of the asset within the wallet is also made possible.
- For sending or receiving the funds, the users can do so through the wallet address method or by making use of the QR code.
What is the fee for the crypto wallets by eToro?
If you wish to convert fiat to crypto, then-
- eToroX would charge you 1 percent fee,
- Simplex will charge you a 4 percent fee.
- Blockchain fee is also deducted.
Sometimes, other fees such as a bank fee or credit card fee, cross-border transaction fee, etc. may also be charged depending upon a particular situation.
An alternative method of purchasing crypto on eToro-
The company allows users to buy cryptos with the help of a credit card. Most of the Visa and MasterCards can be used on the platform for buying the cryptos directly. Following are the steps that you need to follow to buy the cryptos through this method-
- Log into the eToro Wallet.
- Click on the ‘Buy Crypto’ option.
- Choose a crypto coin and the related details of the purchase.
- In the billing form by Simplex, fill in your credit card details.
- After the purchase, the cryptos are sent to your eToro wallet.
How safe is eToro?
The company has made its name for the past ten years because it has substance. It is a fully regulated platform that follows the guidelines of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Besides the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission (CySEC) also supervise and regulate eToro. Moreover, it believes in catering to all kinds of users coming from all kinds of experience backgrounds in trading. We have already discussed the tools it offers for supporting users such as ‘virtual-money accounts.’
Further, there is an added effort to keep the sensitive information and funds of the user safe all the time. They are safeguarded in the tier 1 banks of Europe. This is a good feature of eToro to ensure safety to its users as many retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs, crypto or other financial assets. eToro is also counting as one of the best Forex Brokers in UK.
Although eToro offers the best of its services to safeguard the user’s information and money, the nature of the crypto land is not very stable, given it is still new. The lack of regulation is disadvantageous as crypto trading and crypto investment involves high risk of losing. Many investors and their retail investor accounts lose money when trading in crypto. The company also does not offer any insurance regarding the same. Also, in case of any complaints, due to the lack of regulations, there are no provisions to file it. Nevertheless, the company pushed itself to answer all the issues faced by the users as much as it can.
The investing platform eToroX is regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (GFSC). This crypto exchange is designed to focus on especially the crypto traders. Since it is specialized for crypto trading, it offers tailored crypto services such as far more efficient interface, a dedicated crypto mobile application, offers competitive security options, its services are far-reaching and therefore complies with regulatory needs of many countries.
eToro Reviews – Know more about it
Which cryptocurrencies does eToroX support?
At the moment the crypto exchange offers sixteen digital assets, eight stablecoins and thirty-seven ‘crypto to fiat’ trading pairs. Following are the stablecoins that are under the eToro brand which are currently offered on eToro-
- United States Dollar (USDEX)
- eToro Japanese Yen (JPYX)
- eToro Euro (EURX)
- eToro Pounds Sterling (GPBX)
- eToro Australian Dollar (AUDX)
- eToro Canadian Dollar (CADX)
- eToro New Zealand Dollar (NZDX), and
- eToro Swiss Franc (CHFX).
eToro also offers two more digital assets, i.e., GOLDX (it is pegged as per the ongoing gold market rates) and SLVRX coins (it is pegged as per the ongoing silver market rates.)
And here is the list of the cryptocurrencies that feature on eToro-
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Bitcoin cash (BCH)
- Ether (ETH), Litecoin (LTC)
- Dash (DASH), and
- Ripple’s (XRP).
eToro aims to offer more cryptos in the near future.
What are the withdrawal and deposit fees and limits on eToroX?
When it comes to depositing fees, eToro does not charge any money. And for withdrawals, it has a few charges-
- For AUDX, the withdrawal limit is 50,000 with the withdrawal fee of 3.75000
- For BCH, the withdrawal limit is 166 with the withdrawal fee of 0.01000
- For BTC, the withdrawal limit is 10 with the withdrawal fee of 0.00060
- For CADX, the withdrawal limit is 50,000 with the withdrawal fee of 3.90000
- For CHFX, the withdrawal limit is 50,000 with the withdrawal fee of 3.00000
- For DASH, the withdrawal limit is 400 with the withdrawal fee of 0.02500
- For ETH, the withdrawal limit is 278 with the withdrawal fee of 0.01700
- For EURX, the withdrawal limit is 45,000 with the withdrawal fee of 2.65000
- For GBPX, the withdrawal limit is 40,000 with the withdrawal fee of 2.30000
- For JPYX, the withdrawal limit is 5,500,000 with the withdrawal fee of 330.00000
- For LTC, the withdrawal limit is 555 with the withdrawal fee of 0.03300
- For NZDX, the withdrawal limit is 166 with the withdrawal fee of 0.01000
- For USDEX, the withdrawal limit is 50,000 with the withdrawal fee of 3.00000
- For XRP, the withdrawal limit is 166,667 with the withdrawal fee of 8.50000.
As per Tier 1, every month, the platform calculates fees as per monthly volume of $100,000. Beyond this level, it applies a rebate as per the tier reached. The rebate is offered in ETH. Other than that, it also has Maker and Taker fees.
Is eToroX a safe?
The subsidiary of eToro is also backed with excellent safety features that ensure perfect peace of mind to users while and after trading. These features include-
- Data encryption which is packed with a safety mechanism to help keep the valuable information and funds of the user safe at all times.
- Backlog analytic mechanism that supports the decision-making process, and offers many PT and code insights.
- A requirement of fulfilling the level 3 Identity Verification by all the users for absolute transparency.
- Any changes that a user wishes to make require two-step verification in order to get successfully completed.
- As an added layer, two-factor authentication is also used.
- Even the employees are protected and thoroughly checked through several security mechanisms.
- The custody solution of eToroX has a three-level military-grade ‘FIPS140 custodian process.’ It is further compartmentalized based on different types of environments.
- The platform follows the framework of the Government of Gibraltar and the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (GFSC) which is now the sixth jurisdiction.
Gibraltar’s regulatory Verification Process-
The verification process is the setting stone of utmost transparency while registering a new user. The process involves asking the users to submit the following information-
- Identity Evidence-
The users are asked to show evidence of their name, date of birth, detailed photo of themselves, the valid dates of the documents which the user submits such as passport, authorized identity proofs, driving license, govt. authorized bills, and so on.
- Evidence of Identity and Selfie-
The platform demands the users to share a selfie showing the person holding the documents that act as evidence of his/her identity. The user needs to upload the selfie on the platform in the registration process.
- Evidence of Address-
This document can be anything such as bank statements, electricity bills, water bills, or gas bills, tax bills, and so on. All you need to take care is that the document served should state the following clearly-
- Full Name
- Current address
- Date of Issue (it should not be any older than six months)
- The document should be in good physical condition with all four corners visible
- Financial stability check-
The platform checks the financial stability of the aspirant user through a financial questionnaire which comprises nine questions that don’t take very long to complete.
The support system of eToroX-
eToroX is specialized and therefore, for any person who is new to the crypto trading, it can take a little while for him to get accustomed to the crypto culture. For such matters and beyond, it offers support in various forms through the ‘help’ section of its website, email communication, social platforms such as Twitter, Telegram, and Facebook.
The company takes the support system to the next level. It believes in educating the people in order to empower them with the strength of the right decision making. It does so through the Blockchain Academy and Glossary Section.
After the detailed Forex Broker Reviews of eToro, we can confidently say that eToro, along with eToroX, therefore, is trustworthy. The fact that it doesn’t offer too many cryptos for trading and investment purposes doesn’t stop it from being so effective. Moreover, the platform does offer all the major cryptocurrencies that the majority of the traders deal with. The power-packed features such as the unique blend of CFDs with crypto trading in the form of CopyPortfolio, CopyTrading, Crypto CopyPortfolio, ‘Cryptocurrency,’ ‘Gibraltar’s regulatory Verification Process,’ etc.; easily give a very stable platform to trade and invest in the crypto sphere. On top of it, the security features simply earn a big thumbs-up from our end. However, investors should act with due diligence and invest only when they can afford to take the risks involved. He should consider whether to invest or not as per his financial standards.
1. Is eToro safe for trading?
Ans. Yes, eToro is a well known and leading brand in social trading. Also, the company has made its name for the past ten years because it has substance. It is fully regulated and follows the guidelines of FCA and CySEC.
2. Is it possible to make a profit on eToro?
Ans. Yes, one can earn profit as much as it invests in eToro. But one thing which we suggest to all is to make sure not to invest more than you can afford. Trading and investment are subject to high risk of losing money. Many retail investor accounts lose money when trading in CFDs, crypto, stocks, or other financial commodities. Just like in trading of stocks, investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider or any other provider. So, checking live trade on eToro gives a good idea about how others are earning more!
3. Is there any eligibility for using eToro?
Ans. As long as using eToro is permitted legally in your country, one can use eToro. As of now, the countries where eToro can’t be used comprise of- the United States, Canada, Cuba, Japan, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Turkey, Serbia, Albania, and Sudan.
4. What is the minimum amount of deposit required for eToro?
Ans. The minimum amount of deposit required for eToro is $200. This is the amount for the first time needed to pay during registration. Once it’s done, you can start your trading through your account.