New Algorand-Based NFT Series, Al Goanna, Features Reptiles

Al Goanna is an NFT series consisting of reptile tokens that have been minted with care and tech-based smartness. The series is based on Algorand to fight carbon emissions.

Benji, a project lead at Al Goanna, recently sat to share the story behind the creation of the NFT series. Benji has work experience of 15 years in the photography and web designing industry. Before venturing into cryptocurrency and non-fungible tokens, Benji was running a marketing agency dedicated to small-size businesses seeking graphic designing services.

The journey began after he traded Bitcoin for the first time in 2017. It was a bullish phase that attracted everyone, with Benjo being one of them. He, however, later lost a major portion of the money through initial coin offerings, leveraged trading, and other similar financial activities.

Benji decided to carry on with the journey because that point had pinched his nerves making him interested in the field for a long time. He took the experience from that phase before learning about Algorand and getting into the NFT movement.

The NFT sector gave him the needed comfort as it combined all his skills and allowed him to get involved with Algorand without going in-depth on blockchain technology. A net set of NFT characters emerged before finally arriving at Al Goanna.

No Code Approach was adopted as a unique sign to make it easier for everyone to mint NFTs without going through many technological barriers. He documented several NFTs by creating many layers in Photoshop-like software, allowing him to quickly make changes to launch more than one NFT at a time.

At the time of drafting this article, the team has minted 489 Al Goanna NFTs. The number is expected to increase while considering environmental responsibilities. Plantation for every NFT minted was implemented with statistics standing at 120,000+ till the first quarter of 2022. According to the breakdown, trees planted via:-

  • Carbon neutral are 43,840;
  • One tree planted is 4,072; and,
  • Trees for the future are 80,000.

This is in addition to 127912 trees that have been funded to date.

Collaborators and donors have backed achievements of the green initiative, majorly from the Algorand ecosystem with the support of Carbon Neutral, One Tree Planted, and

As for the future, the plan is to raise more funds through the NFT series, which will provide 20,000AUS to an artist for developing a thousand unique non-fungible tokens.


70% of the total NFTs will be put up for a public sale. Proceeds generated from these NFTs will be directed to the tree fund. The remaining 30% NFTs will be reserved to incentivize high-value donations. Individuals and investors remain on board as they get an opportunity to earn more by staking their tokens.

“Goanna 2.0: Mutants Vs. Zombies” is the next exciting phase of the project that is tentatively scheduled to be launched in the first half of 2022.

Roxanne Williams

Roxanne Williams has recently joined as a market reporter for CryptoNewsZ - the 24/7 crypto news site, where she produces recent stories, technical analysis and price updates on world's leading cryptocurrencies.

Related Articles

Back to top button