The blockchain industry has become an exciting space to be in and seems like Samsung, the tech giant based in South Korea wants to make the most of it. As per the latest reports, the company has launched as many as 6 new decentralized applications (dApps) which will be added to its popular smartphone Galaxy S10’s blockchain wallet. The update was brought to light by FN News, a local media channel.
As per the reports, the new set of dApps include the following:
- The Hunters – It is a game platform based on crypto
- Berry Pick – It is a social media dApp platform which rewards active online users
- MyCryptoHeroes – It is a gaming dApp powered by blockchain
- X-Wallet – It is a decentralized wallet app by Pundi X that supports Ether, Bitcoin, as well as Binance Coin
- Misetoktok – It is a dApp that offers pollution level and air quality monitoring in real-time
- Syrup Table – It is a network for reviewing restaurants
That’s not all. The reports also stated that the tech giant has plans of expanding its decentralized application offerings in place continually.
Although the insiders suggest that about 6 to 8 more dApps are slated to be integrated in the current week itself to the company’s blockchain wallet, Samsung hasn’t revealed the exact number as yet. However, a spokesperson of the firm did confirm the launch of more dApps this week.
For those following the dApp space and Samsung already know that the company had integrated 4 dApps to its Galaxy S10 wallet back in March. The previously added list of dApp included:
- Cosmee – a dApp for sharing beauty content
- Enjin – a crypto-backed gaming platform
- CoinDuck – a merchant payments service
- CryptoKitties – a platform for crypto-collectibles
The reports also quoted an industry expert saying that Samsung’s blockchain wallet would act like an app store. Continuing further, the statement read,
“Samsung has conceded OS supremacy to Google, but now the company’s strategy involves building up an app ecosystem which can outdo Google’s offering in the blockchain sector.”
It was also reported that apparently, talks are on with entities like Pibble, Foresting, and Lympo; And they may be added to Samsung’s blockchain wallet soon. Possibly, the business agreements with these firms are already in place, states the reports.
In May this year, Samsung announced that it wants to grow its number of Galaxy series models which support blockchain functionalities. The company had also said that they want to collaborate with telecom firms for developing technologies for blockchain-backed identification as well as local currency.