THORChain is developed for cross-chain permissionless digital asset liquidity. It is used to stake assets in liquidity pools to acquire fees, instantly swap assets at open market costs, lend and borrow on any asset, and spend in any currency. Besides, THORChain can empower and supplement the whole digital asset environment, being chain-agnostic and backing any asset.
THORChain does not contend with any current protocol or chain, even though it is developed to interface them across one broad redundant, liquid framework. Besides, THORChain is a decentralized liquidity network (DLN).
As per the official blog from THORChain in Medium, Anyone can participate in the following ways:
- Bond over 1m RUNE and run a THORNode
- Stake any supported asset in a pool
- Swap and arbitrage over markets
- Support the development team
THORChain contributes to the following Developments:
- Complete transparency on the liquidity and logic of the entire network at all times
- Distribution of risk across the 99 THORNodes (in future, higher)
- 2x collateralization of staked capital versus bonded capital
- Permissionless access to global liquidity
- Manipulation-resistant price feeds
- Deterministic always-on liquidity for all assets
- Shared incentives for all participants
- Non-custodial staking of assets
- On-chain swaps with no pegged tokens
Decentralized Liquidity Networks—The Future
We can expect the future to be in decentralized liquidity systems, such as THORChain, and after some time, the crypto exchange that desire to remain up-to-date will leave their present architecture and revamp their interfaces on decentralized liquidity systems.
THORChain Exchange Partners
Any exchange who would like to add the Rune token can do it without seeking permission. In any case, if any exchange aspires to turn into a THORChain Exchange Partner, they can access the below from THORChain:
- Exclusive development support from the THORChain group in incorporating the THORChain protocol and Midgard Application Program Interface.
- The THORChain team will help with product assistance in designing relevant swapping and staking interfaces.
- Promotion across the THORChain network.
The THORChain representatives have restricted bandwidth; however, they are eager to help Exchange Partners who share their vision. By joining the Exchange partner program, partners should abide by the following:
- Can Gain Rune and become an aligned stakeholder in the environment.
- Completely open-source any code or executions that coordinate with THORChain.
- Able to promote the swapping and staking of assets through their networks utilizing the integration.
Accessibility of the Program
The THORChain Exchange Partner program will continue until it is necessary to bootstrap an ecosystem of THORChain-integrated exchanges, and the THORChain team is available to execute it.