Ubisoft launched Ubisoft Quartz, a digital framework for gamers to obtain Digits, the very first NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens) played in an AAA title and powered by power-efficient technology. Digits would be published as part of special Releases, each consisting of a specific amount of cosmetic products, and will be available in beta alongside Ghost Recon® Breakpoint of Tom Clancy on Ubisoft Connect for Windows Computer.
Digits are just a novel way to interact with cosmetic goods, blending the excitement of interacting with AAA-certified assets with the thrill of possessing NFTs that symbolize distinct, collectible parts of Ubisoft open world games. Digits are collecting in-game cars, weaponry, and gear that allow users to interact with and get extra value from the games they enjoy:
- Uniqueness: Each Digit is a one-of-a-kind collectible that has its own serial number so others can see in-game, as well as a record of its previous and present users for the coming years, making users an important part of the history of the game.
- Immersive gameplay: Digits are all in-game collectibles of high grade with active utilitarian value. Digits, as functional cosmetic items, allow gamers to customize their gameplay and perform objectives in style.
- Regulate: Each and every Digit includes a certification of ownership that is stored on blockchain, a decentralized, community-driven system that is independent from Ubisoft and gives users more power than ever before. Items are just no longer linked to a player’s gaming inventories with Digits because they can be sold for other listed players to acquire 3rd-party platforms outside the Ubisoft system.
This large-scale trial will be the next phase in Ubisoft’s 4-year investigation of blockchain technology, which has included in-house r&d activities as well as close engagement with recognized experts in the startup community.
Ubisoft’s long-term efforts have led them to comprehend how blockchain’s decentralized approach might truly make gamers stakeholders of their games in a manner that is also viable for their business, putting the value they create through the time they spend, the items they purchase, or the content they generate back into their hands. Ubisoft Quartz is the initial component in their ambitious plan to create an actual metaverse. And it can’t possibly happen unless blockchain’s early-stage gaming restrictions, such as scalability & power consumption, are overcome. Ubisoft Quartz employs Tezos, a blockchain powered by a Proof-of-Stake consensus protocol that consumes much less power than Proof-of-Work blockchain systems such as Ethereum or Bitcoin. This powers the 1st energy-efficient NFTs accessible in an AAA game.
Ubisoft Quartz would only be available to users who match the following qualifying criteria:
- Attain at minimum XP Level five in the play.
- You must be at least 18 yrs old.
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint can be played on Ubisoft Connect for Windows PC.
This is to make sure people can fully utilize Digits.