- Pros and Cons
- All the awards received by the NinjaTrader Platform
- Who can use NinjaTrader?
- Is NinjaTrader regulated?
- All the account types offered by the NinjaTrader platform
- How to open an account on NinjaTrader
- Why should you Trade Futures with NinjaTrader?
- NinjaTrader’s Asset Classes
- Perks of trading on the NinjaTrader Platform
- NinjaTrader’s Tools
- Margins and Commissions
- Customer Service
- Our Verdict
Founded in 2003, NinjaTrader is a popular trading platform offering derivatives trading. It specializes in forex, futures, and options. Regulated by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and the National Futures Association (NFA), this platform has several unique tools, trading features, and brokerage services. The accounts require a minimum deposit, which depends on the securities traded, and commissions vary based on the platform being used. Further, advanced traders will be excited about the platform’s several features and tools.NinjaTrader is Read the NinjaTrader review to know more about assets, fees, customer service.
NinjaTrader Review – Overview
NinjaTrader – A Brief Introduction
- NinjaTrader and its subsidiaries offer award-winning trading platforms and an array of brokerage services to new, experienced, and active users. In recent years, NinjaTrader has grown up as an industry leader that supports more than 100,000 traders globally. Additionally as per our review, NinjaTrader trading provides advanced trading tools, world-class support, and premium commissions to brokers and beginners.
- NinjaTrader offers competitive charting tools. The options about indicators and tools are endless. There are several technical indicators, and it also offers a few other indicators that can be accessed through the NinjaTrader Ecosystem and the NinjaTrader Developer community.
- NinjaTrader provides advanced and powerful features, and the latest technology offered by this platform meets the experienced and active trader’s needs by offering charting, automated strategy development, market analytics, backtesting, and trade simulation.
About the Platform
Key Features of the NinjaTrader Platform
- As per the review, one of the most important features of NinjaTrader is it offers sophisticated and great research tools that are suitable for technical trading. Besides, the charting facilities offered by the platform are easy-to-use, and the trader can add several numbers of indicators and tools.
- The traders of this platform can connect to some of the other brokerage accounts that are offered by NinjaTrader like TD Ameritrade, interactive brokers, forex.com, Oanda, and City index. One of the major advantages of connecting with these accounts is that the trader can trade several classes such as stocks, futures, and forex on NinjaTrader’s platform.
- NinjaTrader offers thousands of apps and add-ons for indicators, which helps traders to make informed decisions during trading.
- NinjaTrader offers free advanced charting, simulated trading, and market analysis tools.
- NinjaTrader charges $25 as an inactivity fee per month. For wire transfers, it charges $40 as withdrawal fees for international wire transfers and $30 for domestic wire transfers.
NinjaTrader’s Pros and Cons
|Low trading fees||Withdrawal fees|
|It offers a variety of research tools and educational resources|
|It provides simulated trading|
|NinjaTrader offers powerful tools for analysis|
|Great platform for advanced and experienced traders|
All the awards received by the NinjaTrader Platform
- TraderPlanet STAR Award
- Futures.io “True Edge” Award
- Stocks & Commodities Reader’s Choice Award
- Trade2Win Member’s Choice Award
- Voted 2015 “Colorado Companies to Watch” Winner
Who can use NinjaTrader?
- NinjaTrader – one of the Top Forex Brokers offers market analysis, simulation trading, and advanced charting for experienced and new traders.
- By trading on this platform, active traders don’t have to pay much in commissions, and it helps them to keep the cost on the lower side. The low margins offered by the NinjaTrader is a great fit for experienced and active traders with several technical tools that are available. It offers its help to the traders to target good opportunities and to execute the trades even when the market is volatile.
Is NinjaTrader regulated?
NinjaTrader (also known as ninja trader or ninjatraders) is registered with the NFA (the National Futures Association).
All the account types offered by the NinjaTrader platform
- Individual account – can be used by individuals
- Joint account – can be used by one or more individuals
- Corporate/Trust/Partnership/LLC – can be owned by a legal entity
- Retirement account – is a tax advantage account, which is available for US residents only.
How to open an account on NinjaTrader
The account opening process with NinjaTrader can be done through Phillip Capital, which is a digital and simple process, but the approval process of the account is a bit slow, which might take up to 5 business days. This process might be a bit complex, and there are several steps to open the account with NinjaTrader.
- The first step would be to visit the NinjaTrader website. The trader then needs to choose the asset they would like to trade like forex, futures, or options.
- The trader can have the choice of opening an account either with Dorman Trading or Phillip Capital. The next step would be to choose the account type like corporate or individual accounts.
- The trader needs to enter their personal information like full name, date of birth, address, and phone number. Traders will also be asked to answer a few questions about their employment situation and financial status.
- Further, they need to submit proof of their identity and address. They need to produce a passport, national ID, or a driver’s license, which are accepted for ID verification, or they can upload a bank statement or utility bill for proof of address.
- The trader needs to answer a few questions like how they would like to use the account for trading and the usage of their account. They need to accept disclosure documents.
- After the trader submits their personal information and other relevant details, they will receive an email from NinjaTrader to fill the options request form, and they would need to fill out what positions they would be trading.
Why should you Trade Futures with NinjaTrader?
- As per our review and other Ninjatrader reviews, this broker provides an ultimate destination for the traders to trade futures by offering discount commissions, $50 for trading margins on micro e-mini futures, and an account minimum of $400.
- This broker offers support to more than 100,000 traders globally, with a powerful NinjaTrader trading platform that offers several day trading indicators and brokerage services compared to other brokers.
- The broker’s platform is always free, which provides market analytics, trade simulation, and advanced charting. Traders can register on the NinjaTrader platform, and they are offered a demo account for free.
Why should you use this platform?
NinjaTrader’s Asset Classes
As per our NinjaTrader review (before you start trade, ninja trader is best), this broker offers a wide range of asset classes that are heavily focused on futures trading. The platform can be used along with other brokers such as interactive brokers, TD Ameritrade, and several others for trading stocks. Connecting and trading through multiple brokers at the same time is possible.
Below given are the few asset classes that can be traded through NinjaTrader –
Perks of trading on the NinjaTrader Platform
Let us discuss some of the benefits offered by the platform-
- The NinjaTrader platform can be customized very easily and has been designed for active and experienced traders who are looking to customize the trading platform and want technical indicators. Even the platform offers a lifetime license key. This is one of the most advantageous features of NinjaTrader, which is not found anywhere else.
- This brokers platform is developed in such a way that it allows a hassle-free and quick setup, in not less than a few minutes. The trader can download NinjaTrader 8 or 7, and traders can start trading immediately.
- Some of the active and experienced traders can access scripts that are offered by NinjaTrader 7. Traders can use NinjaTrader 8 for scripts on the latest updated version.
- Simulation is offered as a free trial, and it uses either random data or live data, which is updated every day once when the trader has an effective strategy that can proceed with live trading by using their real funds.
- NinjaTrader’s trading platform offers stop-loss capabilities that allow the trader to build their strategy around stop-loss and also target orders which are sent to the traders when they enter a trade. This implies that if the trader loses their internet connection or if they are disconnected from the trading platform by using this stop-loss, the target order function will prevent the traders from a big disaster.
- NinjaTrader – one of the best Forex Brokers in Australia provides an advanced trading platform (with a lifetime license key, you can also access all market data compared to other brokers as per our review) for windows-based desktop (you can even get lifetime license); Further, third party platforms are available if there is a request from the trader. If the trader is a Mac user, they can run the software using a multiboot feature such as Apple boot camp.
- NinjaTrader offers a wide choice of technical analysis functions for new traders, and it also offers demo trading if the trader wants to familiarise themselves with the platform and to learn about how to trade futures.
- NinjaTrader brokers platform uses CQG (continuum) for routing, and by default, it supports order execution via Rithmic. Besides. Kinetick is available free of charge, and the traders can obtain futures, stock, forex, and market data, which is exclusively offered by the platform.
- As per our review, NinjaTrader offers a free to use simulated platform that is included in all brokerage accounts and has all the real-time features, which are the same as live trading. The traders can access market analysis, charts, and simulated trading.
- Ninja’s third-party developer community, which is also known as the NinjaTrader ecosystem, offers several thousands of third-party add-ons and apps, where the trader can use the trading platform from the website.
While reviewing the platform, we observed that NinjaTrader 8 is specifically designed for experienced and active traders who would like to trade futures in the forex markets, buy stocks, trade indices, and other financial instruments with one-click solutions. With more than 100,000 users, NinjaTrader has received several awards and continues to update its NinjaTrader platform. It uses an open user framework, and it also integrates third-party trading tools as much as possible.
On reviewing and going through NinjaTrader’s offerings, we thought it was suited for experienced and active traders who require several technical analysis tools. This platform offers real-time analysis, great charting, customizable technical indicators, and several apps and add-ons from third-party developers. Besides, the NinjaTrader platform offers traders access to futures and forex markets.
Kinetick Data Feed
Kinetick offers a historical data feed for quotes on stocks, which enables free to use data at the end of the day with the NinjaTrader 8 platform. As per the review, the platform can be connected to a free Kinetick data feed within a few mouse clicks. Besides, the Kinetick data feed can be integrated easily. When it is configured, NinjaTrader can be simultaneously used along with a Kinetick data feed, which includes several stock exchange prices.
The new strategy builder offered by NinjaTrader helps novice traders to develop and design new trading strategies without the need for programming knowledge. Beginners can develop a completely automated trading strategy by performing very few steps. It is not a lengthy process.
NinjaTrader 8 platform offers several valuable trading tools, strategies, and indicators that are useful for experienced and active traders. Additionally, the platform’s trading applications drawing tools, charts, indicators, and its trading system can be developed, installed, or extended. For this, the trader should be familiar with the C programming language.
The trader can make use of the trade simulation, which is available on the broker’s platform as paper trading. The trader can test several trading strategies by using real-time market conditions without risking their real capital. It also offers a wide range of options that are available through the website, where the trader can make use of it to practice trading on the platform.
Margins and Commissions
As per the review, the commissions start at a very low $0.09 for micro contracts, which offer good savings without volume tiers. It offers day trading margins starting at $50 for a micro contract and $500 for others.
NinjaTrader provides excellent and dedicated customer service, Monday to Saturdays, and it also offers round the clock trade desk along with technical support which can be used for live orders and emergencies. Further, it also offers live chat, which is available on the NinjaTrader website on weekdays. NinjaTrader’s support forum is where traders can access and find answers to their questions, or they can post a query if they have trouble finding information.
NinjaTrader is an excellent platform for forex and futures trading. The educational materials offered by NinjaTrader are structured, and they are developed and updated by an active user forum. NinjaTrader has a few drawbacks, like its withdrawal fees. However, it offers a free demo account and great customer service for its traders. Ultimately, we highly recommend traders to research and analyze their options before proceeding with NinjaTrader.
1. Is NinjaTrader free?
The platform is completely free to use for live trading, market analysis, and charting.
2. Is there day trading?
Yes, Ninjatrader provides day trading. You can enjoy low-day trading at $50 margins for micro futures.
3. Is customization allowed on Ninjatrader?
Ninjatrader provides 1 C# framework, which allows the developers to create custom automated strategies, integrated indicators, drawing tools, and more.
4. Does Ninjatrader provide customer support?
Yes, there is dedicated customer support.