Traders who are looking to trade, buy Bitcoin and other digital currencies, known as cryptocurrencies, will require a cryptocurrency exchange. A cryptocurrency exchange is an online service that works like a stockbroker and gives the users various tools for buying and selling cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin. The most reliable and best cryptocurrency exchange makes trading extremely smooth and safe with strong safety measures and low trading fees.
While choosing the best exchanges to trade cryptocurrencies in France, it is crucial to look at the exchanges’ pricing, supported currencies, deposit and withdrawal options, pros and cons, and many more.
Best Crypto Exchange France: Top 9 List!
Let’s look at the review about some of the best & popular crypto exchanges in France:-
Coinbase is the world’s biggest cryptocurrency exchange, established in San Francisco. It has reached dizzying heights as crypto demand skyrockets, fuelled by millions of dollars. This crypto investment platform allows users to buy, sell cryptocurrency, and exchange more than 100 tradable assets like Bitcoin, Dogecoin, and many more.
Coinbase has a huge user base with 73 million people using the platform and over $255 billion in tradable assets. Beginners prefer the standard Coinbase platform to simple buying and selling orders, while advanced and high-rollers require additional order types and features available at Coinbase Pro.
Features of Coinbase
- Coinbase provides a safe way to trade and invest with cryptocurrencies.
- Coinbase accepts dozens of cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and fiat currencies such as dollars, pounds, yen, etc.
- The original trading platform of Coinbase has a beginner-friendly user interface.
- Any user can access Coinbase’s advanced features and low trading fees through the upgraded Coinbase Pro that is more suitable for experienced users. However, click here to get the honest reviews about Coinbase exchange.
Pros and Cons of Coinbase
|Easy, intuitive user interface.||Difficult to comprehend the fee structure.|
|Available in over 30 countries.||High trading fees.|
|Impressive liquidity and limits.|
|A wide array of supported cryptocurrencies.|
|Suitable for beginners as well as experienced users.|
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, Tether, BTC Cash, Litecoin, Uniswap, Chainlink, Stellar Lumens, USD Coin, Polygon Ethereum, Classic EOS, Aave, Wrapped Bitcoin, Filecoin, Tezos, Dai, Maker, Cosmos, Alogrand, Compound, Dash, Zcash, Synthetix Network Token, Yearn. Finance, SushiSwap, Decentraland, Basic Attention Token, Enjin Coin, The Graph, UMA, Celo, 0x, to name a few.
Coinbase supports customers from more than 30 countries, including Italy, Portugal, Spain, Belgium, Cyprus, The Czech Republic, Ireland, Greece, Hungary, Malta, Monaco, Croatia, Latvia, Switzerland, Austria, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, Denmark, Bulgaria, The Netherlands, San Marino, Sweden, Finland, Liechtenstein.
Kraken is a major Bitcoin exchange that makes trading, buying Bitcoins, and selling major cryptocurrencies easy. Other than offering the ability to buy Bitcoin anonymously at market rates, Kraken provides futures trading, margin accounts, and risky products that are useful for certain trading strategies.
The Kraken ecosystem is one of the easiest and secure crypto exchanges for new investors to start trading. However, for more advanced customers, there is an alternative to Kraken, the low-cost cryptocurrency exchange, Kraken Pro.
Features of Kraken
- Kraken offers secure exchanges to hold, buy, and sell Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
- Kraken features crypto futures and spot trading.
- The cryptocurrency exchange France also features an active investment platform for beginners and experienced customers.
- Margin trading is also available at Kraken for customers with a high appetite for risks involved. However, read more about Kraken in detail and get its genuine reviews too.
Pros and Cons of Kraken
|Low fees with higher liquidity.||Complicated user interface.|
|Strong security measures.||Account opening may take some time.|
|Above-par support team quality.|
|Advanced trade and chart options.|
|Margin trading available for approved French users.|
Kraken supports around 87 cryptocurrencies such as – Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, Dogecoin, Litecoin, Polkadot, Polygon, Ripple, Stellar Lumens, Solana, Sushi, Uniswap, to name a few. Kraken also offers a wide range of stablecoins such as USD Coin, Dai, and Tether.
Kraken is available in around 185 countries such as the United States, India, Greece, Peru, Russia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bermuda, Jordan, Kuwait, Netherlands, and many more.
One of the main aims of Coinhouse is to make crypto investments simple for first-time users. The Paris-based Bitcoin exchange in France was established in 2014 and is affiliated with Ledger and Ledger Nano, one of the most popular hardware wallets.
Coinhouse provides offline and online exchanges and has over 200000 EU customers with access to major cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, and Bitcoin Cash. The exchange offer broker service and removes the technical complexities of buying Bitcoin. Although, tap here to learn more about Coinhouse in detail.
Features of Coinhouse
- Crypto brokerage services – The platform specializes in aiding trading to acquire, store, swap, and sell Bitcoin and navigate through complicated and highly volatile crypto markets.
- Buy cryptocurrency instantly – Coinhouse supports instant Bitcoin buys using a debit card, credit card, wire transfer, or bank transfer. Users can also purchase Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum with the Coinhouse free accounts and get access to over 300 cryptocurrencies with the premium account.
- Institutional-grade safety measures – Users at Coinhouse get to enjoy an integrated Ledger Nano Vault solution for the security offered by the leading and registered digital asset firms in the world.
- Personalized learning and assistance – Users can pay €39 a month to get investment strategies, personal advisor, reduced commissions, and many more.
- Tax consultation for free for premium users – Crypto taxes can be quite a complicated and confusing subject. However, the Coinhouse support team is always ready to share their experiences about crypto taxation with the users, and that too, free of charge.
Pros and Cons of Coinhouse
|Instant and quick transactions.||High fee for premium service.|
|Accepts a wide range of payment methods, including debit card, wire transfer, bank transfer, wallet and crypto payments.||Mandatory SEPA bank account requirement.|
|Experienced and excellent customer support.|
|Strictly regulated and monitored by the leading regulatory framework.|
|Institutional-grade safety level.|
Coinhouse supports the following cryptocurrencies for trading – Bitcoin, Ethereum, Uniswap, Aave, Polkadot, ChainLink, MakerDAO, Tezos, Cosmos, Avalanche, Ripple’s XRP, Basic Attention Token, Litecoin, to name a few.
Coinhouse is a Paris-based Bitcoin exchange where users need to have access to a SEPA transfer through bank transfer or wire transfer. The supported countries of Coinhouse are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Romania, San Marino, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Roumanie, United Kingdom, to name a few.
Bitstamp is a well-established exchange for non-custodial cryptocurrency trading and was founded in 2011 with more than 30 cryptos. The list of cryptos may be relatively small compared to other exchanges, but it is sufficient enough to satisfy the needs of the investors, especially the beginners. The fee structure is simplified to make it easier for users to access more crypto coins at lower trading fees.
Features of Bitstamp
- Superior quality broker service – Although Bitstamp does not have sophisticated investment options such as margin trading, it still focuses on providing the best broker services on its app and website. It includes four order types, including instant orders, market orders, limit orders, stop orders, and trailing stop orders, and an easy-to-use Bitcoin buy platform that may attract more advanced investors who are looking to reap the benefits from short-term fluctuations.
- Security – Among the various security measures undertaken by Bitstamp, the two-factor authentication is worth mentioning. This method is currently basic for all cryptocurrency investors who perform main account functions. Bitstamp has reported to keep 98% of the platform’s digital assets in cold storage, safely insuring all assets and funds.
- Customer support – Bitstamp offers 24*7 customer support through their phone support line for instant queries. While this kind of support is quite rare in the digital cryptocurrency exchange space, it is important to make this available since the investors may require to connect with the support agent on a one-on-one basis.
Pros and Cons of Bitstamp
|Bank deposits and bank transfer supported.||Invasive verification process.|
|High liquidity and low fees.||Account verification takes time.|
|Support major fiat and cryptocurrencies.||No margin trading.|
|Advanced trading platform.|
|24*7 dedicated customer support.|
While Bitstamp currently has a smaller array of supported cryptocurrencies, the major ones have been mentioned below – Bitcoin, Ether, Tether, USD Coin, XRP, Uniswap, BTC Cash, Litecoin, Chainlink, DAI, Stellar Lumens, AAVE, Algorand, and many more.
Bitstamp is available in more than 50 countries, including 28 European Union member states. Among the main countries where Bitstamp is available are Brazil, China, Australia, South Korea, the United States, and South Africa.
Bitfinex is one of the premier destinations for experienced investors across the globe. The exchange is popular in terms of trading volume and recognition, and it functions in many countries and supports both crypto-to-crypto and fiat-to-crypto investors. The notable features of Bitfinex are limit orders, stop orders, margin trading, OTC trades, among many more. Although, get more information about the platform & explore.
Features of Bitfinex
- Exchange trading – Limit orders are available where investors can trade, deposit and withdraw digital tokens of any trading volume.
- Margin trading – Qualified investors can trade with a maximum leverage of 10x by receiving money from the margin platform.
- The OTC desk allows users to deal with one another without going through public order books.
- Higher liquidity – Bitfinex is a top-tier exchange in terms of USD/BTC trading volume that guarantees user confidence and price stability for all investors.
- Trading pairs – There are more than 100 trading pairs, including leading coins and popular altcoins.
- Comprehensive options for trading – Apart from funding and margin trading, traders can reap the maximum benefits from market, stop, limit, trailing stop, kill or fill, OCO, iceberg, post-only limit, and hidden orders.
Pros and Cons of Bitfinex
|Competitive fees and high liquidity.||Not suitable for beginners.|
|Supports several order types.||Long verification process.|
|Wide range of services and currency pairs.||Fee structure not transparent.|
|Low trading and withdrawal fees.|
Bitfinex provides one of the most liquid cryptocurrency exchanges that allows users to exchange the following support cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Dash, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, NEO, Ethereum Classic, Monero, Zcash, OmiseGO, Bitcoin Gold, Qtum, TRON, 0x, Stellar, FunFair, Augur, and many more.
Bitfinex is available in the following countries – Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Greece, Iceland, Mexico, Nepal, Belize, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, Indonesia, Lebanon, Malta, Sweden, Yemen, Belarus, Cyprus, Japan, South Korea, Netherlands, Austria, Barbados, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Iran, Bangladesh, Thailand, Czech Republic, United Arab Emirates, India, New Zealand, Singapore, China and many more.
Uphold is a unique mobile and desktop trading platform that is well-known for offering an Anything-to-Anything trading experience. Users trading with Uphold do not need to perform several transfers for purchasing cryptocurrencies since they can trade digital assets directly through bank transfer with no trading fees or commissions.
Uphold users can also trade between different assets from different asset classes in a single step. Other trading channels would require the traders to convert into fiat currency first to build a bridge between the bank and the exchange.
The architecture of Uphold is striking, while the fees are remarkably effective. The exchange has made sending money and assets alike to friends in just a few seconds without paying any additional fees. There is still scope to improve the education section that will make the exchange more beginner-friendly.
Features of Uphold
- Fast sign-up process and more accessible – The registration process requires filling in a form with the user’s name, email ID, location, and a strong security password. The verification process takes a few minutes before the users can start to trade, purchase and sell cryptos.
- AutoPilot – Uphold has a unique feature that allows users to buy Bitcoin in France by scheduling recurrent transactions.
- Quick transfers – Users can send funds within seconds just by linking their exchange account with another email ID or account.
- Tile customization – After the Uphold account is created, the user will get to use the tile desktop platform, which is customizable to suit the trading needs of the user.
- Intuitive funding and purchase options – This is another unique feature that allows users to fund an Uphold account to start trading from their desktops. They can fund their accounts with any preferred currency or digital assets directly through bank transfers, debit card, or credit card.
- One-step order – Most cryptocurrency exchanges require their traders to place a 2-step order. This means that funding can be made only through credit card, debit card, or bank transfer. But with Uphold, the 2-step process is reduced to one that makes funding quick and easy.
Pros and Cons of Uphold
|Extremely user-friendly and customizable interface.||Hidden transaction fees.|
|Supports cross-asset trading.||No live chat customer support available.|
|Commission-free trades on all assets.||The education section needs improvement.|
|Fractional equities available.|
|Variety of asset and instruments available.|
There are more than 44 cryptocurrencies accepted by Uphold for trading, and some of the major ones are Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Attention Token, BTC Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Ripple’s XRP, and many more.
Although Uphold is available everywhere in the world, there are some countries where Uphold is not available, and those are Cuba, Iran, Somalia, Central African Republic, North Korea, Syria, and Sudan.
Paymium is also sometimes referred to as a Bitcoin bank or Bitcoin ATM that allows users to trade, sell and buy Bitcoin in France while providing them with a secure Bitcoin wallet to store Bitcoin. Paymium Bitcoin broker was established in 2011, and it is headquartered in Paris.
Features of Paymium
- One of the most essential aspects of Paymium is that it provides only one trading pair (BTC/EUR).
- Paymium supports cash-back market maker orders. The charge is a negative fee for market maker orders to reward the idea that the traders offer liquidity to the exchange.
- The exchange charges the lowest fees for deposits and withdrawals, which are fixed flat at EUR 0.99 if Euros are withdrawn. Apart from the Bitcoin network fees, no other commissions or fees are charged by the platform.
Pros and Cons of Paymium
|Lower fees for fiat transactions.||Only one currency pair.|
|Cold storage or crypto personal wallet for Bitcoin storage.||Ineffective and below-par customer support quality.|
|Negative market makers fees.||Linguistic barriers; supports only two languages.|
|Huge limits for deposits and withdrawals.|
Paymium services in the European market with just one cryptocurrency, Bitcoin. The only crypto trading pair available at Paymium is the pair between Bitcoin and Euro. Trade the EUR/BTC pair through a Bitcoin wallet on the advanced Paymium trading interface.
Paymium is available in several countries. Some of the major countries have been mentioned here:-
Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Greece, United Kingdom, Malta, Sweden, Cyprus, South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Philippines, Germany, India, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, and many more.
Wave is an innovative decentralized cryptocurrency exchange established in 2017. Essentially, Wave is a hybrid assets exchange that enables users to trade, stake, transfer and issue cryptos. Waves exchange combines the decentralized security measures and advantages of the standard centralized platforms. Waves offer secure and fast financial instruments, low fees, staking opportunities, access to Bitcoin, an API, and a mobile app platform.
Features of Waves Exchange
- Waves is a cryptocurrency exchange based on the peer-to-peer blockchain network. It is developed to launch smart contracts and smart assets.
- The Wave exchange and the Neutrino Protocol are the two most successful products developed on the Waves blockchain.
Pros and Cons of Waves Exchange
|Competitive and low fees.||No withdrawals of fiat currencies supported.|
|Many digital assets are available.||Low liquidity.|
|A decentralized exchange that runs on a blockchain technology.|
|Leverage trading for Waves and Bitcoin.|
|Stake Neutrino or WAVES Stablecoins for higher interest returns.|
The exchange supports only three cryptos that users can buy on Waves – Bitcoin, USDN, and EGG. But there are more cryptos that can be traded on Waves – Ethereum, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Zcash, Waves, Tether, USD Coin, and Bitcoin Cash.
Waves is available in the following countries – Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Greece, Iceland, Mexico, Nepal, Belize, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, Indonesia, Lebanon, Malta, Sweden, Yemen, Belarus, Cyprus, Japan, South Korea, Netherlands, Austria, Barbados, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Iran, Bangladesh, Thailand, Czech Republic, United Arab Emirates, India, New Zealand, Singapore, China and many more.
Bitpanda is a safe and reputable exchange for buying Bitcoin in France and also for selling and storing cryptocurrencies in the Eurozone. It is an Austria-based company with currently more than 900000 interested users who can buy Bitcoin in France, including other coins directly from Bitpanda at a fixed commission instead of trading against other users in exchange for the best ask and bid prices.
Features of Bitpanda
- Although Bitpanda is not regulated, the firm is highly reputable, with very few complaints ever since it was established in 2014.
- Bitpanda provides an intuitive interface that is extremely beginner-friendly.
- The entire trading experience, platform, and website are completely optimized for mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones.
Pros and Cons of Bitpanda
|No security breaches so far.||Advanced trading platforms unavailable.|
|Beginner-friendly interface.||Relatively higher fees.|
|Fiat deposit and withdrawal available via wallets, MoneyGram, Western Union, or any other payment method.|
|One of the most reputable exchange in Europe.|
Bitpanda offers trading, selling, and buying Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, Ripple, BTC Cash, Litecoin, EOS, Stellar, Neo, ChainLink, Waves, and many more.
Only those residents from the European Union with SEPA transactions are allowed to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies directly with fiat on the exchange. Any user outside of Europe can only store cryptos in their crypto wallet and use other payment methods like bank transfers or credit and debit cards or Bitcoin ATM or wallet payments if they are legal in their country.
Why Do You Need Crypto Exchange?
With the advent and rising popularity and craze of cryptocurrency, the best exchanges for trading have started introducing cryptocurrency as one of their payment methods other than bank transfers, e-wallets, and debit cards. Cryptocurrencies are one of the accepted payment methods among other options like debit card, wire transfers, wallet, etc.
How to Trade Cryptocurrency in France?
Trading with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in France involves a simple process. Although there are many payment methods, such as the Bitcoin ATMs, wallet, credit and debit card, through which one can make a deposit, it is more convenient and faster to use the peer-to-peer (P2P) platforms.
French users need to sign up or register with an easy-to-use beginner-friendly interface at the best exchange. Registration would most likely require certain personal and financial information to verify the user’s identity.
The French Buyers must do their own research and choose the best exchange that is reliable, reputable, has a huge trading volume, low trading fees, and a wide range of trading pairs. French users must ensure that the cryptocurrency exchange also supports altcoins that they wish to purchase before registering, or they may have to find another exchange and start the registration process once again.
Once registration is complete, it is easy to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies instantly via any supported payment methods offered by the Bitcoin exchange, including credit card, debit card, bank transfer, Bitcoin wallets, or cryptocurrency wallets.
To fund the crypto account with local fiat currency instead of buying Bitcoins, one will require to convert the fiat money to Bitcoin or other crypto assets that the cryptocurrency exchange supports. The process to buy Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies is simple, and once the users have funded their accounts, it is easy to buy and sell cryptocurrencies.
How to Select the Best Crypto Exchange in France for You?
There are hundreds of Bitcoin platforms to choose from, and not all of them are licensed, regulated, and safe. This makes choosing the best Bitcoin exchange a challenging job. To make it easier for crypto users, consider the following key factors while comparing the Bitcoin platforms:-
Is That Cryptocurrency Exchange Support EURO?
What is the point of choosing the largest Bitcoin exchanges in France if they do not support Euro? Hence, the first thing one must check while choosing an exchange is their list of supported currencies, fiat and crypto. This will ensure smooth cryptocurrency trading through a reputable platform.
Fee Structure of Crypto Exchange
The second most important factor that crypto users must check is the fee structure of their chosen cryptocurrency exchange. The fee structure should be transparent without any hidden fees. Usually, cryptocurrency trading includes transaction fees, trading fees, inactivity fees, and deposit and withdrawal fees.
Deposits and Withdrawals Charges
The deposit and withdrawal charges can determine one’s trading experience since high charges may increase the cost of trading, thereby reducing profitability. These charges are a part of the exchange’s profits but can be perilous for French users with small profit margins.
Deposit and withdrawal charges may be a flat percentage with the rates differing for varying trading volume and may be subject to changes over time. This can make choosing certain exchanges with variable deposit and withdrawal charges quite a difficult task.
Coming to the safety measures offered at a trading platform, since most users deal with enormous amounts of transactions on a regular basis or deposit huge volumes of money at the exchanges, it is important to check the grade of security that the exchange carries. Safety measures include PGP encrypted mails, private keys, and 2-factor authentication that ensure the safety of the client funds.
Is That Licensed?
Compared to countries such as Singapore, where Bitcoin platforms must be licensed under a strict regulatory framework, Bitcoin exchanges in France mandate that crypto exchanges be registered. Apart from the mandatory registration, Bitcoin exchanges operating in France can opt for optional licenses to receive additional benefits.
The most popular regulatory body in France is the AMF (Autorité des Marchés Financiers) or the French Financial Market Authority. Most licensed exchanges offering Bitcoin in France are most likely to be licensed under AMF regulations.
Conclusion on Crypto Exchanges in France
The progressive stance of France on cryptocurrency and Bitcoin ATMs is making it extremely easy for French citizens to trade with free Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies safely and securely. New regulations by leading regulatory bodies are ensuring the legitimate functioning of these crypto exchanges, and a large selection of France’s big cryptocurrency exchanges are developed and run mostly from Paris.
Where Is the Best Place to Buy Bitcoin in France?
Coinbase is one of the best places to buy Bitcoin in France, and it is the most secure way of buying Bitcoin. They offer trading opportunities in 25 currencies, and the list keeps on growing.
Is France Crypto-friendly?
Yes, France is extremely crypto-friendly with new regulations taking shape, and the crypto exchanges are subject to the same AML obligations as well as mandatory registration like other crypto firms. In 2019, ICO or Initial Coin Offering was passed to establish a framework for digital assets service providers, also known as Cryptocurrency Exchanges.
How Do I Invest in Crypto France?
Simple steps to invest in crypto in France – register at a reputable crypto exchange, buy Bitcoin in France, including other major cryptocurrencies and store them in crypto wallets to get higher returns in the future.
What Is the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange in France?
There are many reputable crypto exchanges in France, but to name a few, they are – Coinbase, Coinhouse, Paymium, and Kraken.
Is Binance Allowed and Legal in France?
Yes, Binance is functional and legal in France.