Founded in 2006 and part of Ava Group of companies, AvaTrade is one of the legitimate forex and CFD brokers and a highly regulated award-winning broker with over 300,000 registered traders and trading volumes surpassing $70 billion per month. The proprietary platform gives its traders, both new and experienced, an innovative, flexible, and secure trading environment and is a pioneer in trading CFD with low CFD fees. In our brokers AvaTrade review, we’ll be analyzing the forex broker and discussing its pros and cons, supported assets, deposits and withdrawals, trading fees, and more. Make sure to read the review till the end before registering with the broker.
AvaTrade Review – Overview of the Proprietary Platform
A Brief History
AvaTrade is a trading platform with headquarters in Dublin, Ireland. It is regulated by ASIC Australia, Central Bank of Ireland, FSCA in Japan, and the British Virgin Islands, ADGM in the Middle East, FSCA in South Africa, and IIROC in Canada. Also, AvaTrade collaborated with Friedberg Direct to provide trading in Canada. Friedberg Direct is a division of Friedberg Mercantile Group LTD, member of Canadian Investor Protection Fund & is a well-known name for Forex and CFDs market as Friedberg Direct supports MetaTrader 4 & Expert Advisors functionality.
It has several offices in Australia, Ireland, China, Japan, Italy, Mexico, Poland, Mongolia, South Africa, and several other countries.
More than 3 million trades are executed in a month on an average. The clients of this trading platform enjoy generous bonuses, competitive spreads, and diverse offers with complete transparency.
- AvaTrade put forward AvaTradeGO, AvaOptions, MT4, and MT5. Since it is founded in 2006, the forex broker has expanded quickly with more than three hundred thousand registered end users globally; and the number continues to grow.
- Account opening is pretty straightforward, and as per marketing materials, AvaTrade has several deposit and withdrawal methods, which are free of charge. It also provides user-friendly search functions, educational resources, and daily market analysis research instruments.
- AvaTrade team has strict security measures regarding client data. It is protected by 256 bit SSL encryption over the complete website; McAfee prevents identity theft and credit card frauds. AvaTradeGO is an easy to use and flexible app, which extends several features; it also includes AvaTrade’s insurance scheme and risk management tool: AvaProtect. The order type is restricted, and the application is offered only in English by AvaTrade.
- User reviews show that AvaTrade has a quick registration process, low trading fees, competitive spreads, and a minimum deposit 100 dollars for an e-wallet, credit, or debit card.
- Deposits at AvaTrade can be made through wire bank transfers, credit cards, debit cards. Withdrawals are processed immediately if the user submits a withdrawal form with any withdrawal method & there are no withdrawal fees, but it might take a few days for processing.
Risk Disclaimer – As many AvaTrade reviews state, making money when trading CFDs are complex instruments and come with take the high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 71% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider.
AvaTrade Pros and Cons
|Regulated by several authorities across the globe||Withdrawals might take up to 10 days|
|AvaTrade Customer support is available in several languages||High Inactivity Fees, $50 per Quarter|
|Competitive spreads with many platforms & also provide fee report|
|This platform tenders a demo account type|
Why Should You Trade With AvaTrade?
AvaTrade is a secure forex broker that has a track record of providing premium user-oriented platforms, customer services, forex brokers, and trading forex, CFD. A trader can open an account with AvaTrade and start a trading activity on the MT4 platform quickly.
AvaTrade team gives highly competitive spreads and a wide range of assets, daily market analysis research instruments, affiliate programs & 0.9 pips is an average spread cost.
AvaTrade team also possesses financial trading instruments such as stocks, commodities, and several more with good leverage and competitive spreads.
AvaTrade’s client funds are held in segregated accounts and are regulated in Australia, European Union, Japan, UAE, South Africa, and the British Virgin Islands. Its website supports more than 20 languages. Find out more about other UK based forex brokers from our guide.
AvaTrade’s mobile app with copy trading, AvaTradeGO has positive reviews. The broker has ensured that the experience on the desktop version and mobile trading is seamless and efficient.
AvaTrade Review – Mobile Trading App
AvaTrade proffers six major currency pairs:
AvaTrade Review – Awards Received
Risk Disclaimer – Trading CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. We do not offer investment advice or guarantees for accuracy. 71% of retail clients CFD accounts lose money when trading with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFD works and whether you can afford to take the high possibility of losing your money.
AvaTrade’s Risk Management Tool: AvaProtect
AvaProtect is AvaTrade’s innovative risk management tool. The tool is available on AvaTradeGO and their online platforms AvaTrade WebTrader.
The unique risk management tool allows both beginners & professional traders protection against losses of up to $1000000 within a chosen time frame; all this for an exchange of a minimum hedging cost, which is paid during the time of purchase.
It was created as the company’s ongoing commitment to customer satisfaction and success, which is available only on AvaTrade. The AvaTradeGO App can be downloaded from the Google play store and Apple app store.
AvaTrade team introduced AvaProtect, which is an essential tool that reduces risks. This risk management feature guides users by protecting a specific trade against losses of up to $1 million over a specific time frame. This feature is offered in exchange for a small hedging cost that needs to be paid during the purchase.
When the market goes down, your trade is protected and AvaTrade safe from any market fluctuations during that specific period. Simply put, the amount will be reimbursed by AvaTrade if the user’s accounts lose money at the end of the protected period directly to the trader’s account with AvaTrade.
If the protected trade is closed by a stop out or manually, the coverage will stop at that point. If there are any reimbursed losses, it will be credited in the form of liquid cash or without any withdrawal procedure restrictions.
How to activate AvaProtect?
You can activate AvaProtect in 6 easy steps –
- In the AvaTradeGO app, open WebTrader
- Choose any instrument
- Click the AvaProtect icon
- Select the protection duration
- Check the administration fee structure and expiry date
- Lastly, complete the trade.
This is how your trade is protected.
Regulation and Security at AvaTrade
AvaTrade is regulated by:
AvaTrade Review – Regulation and Security
- Ava Capital Markets Australia Pty Ltd is regulated by the ASIC – No.406684
- Ava Trade EU Ltd is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland – No.C53877
- Ava Trade Ltd is regulated by the B.V.I. Financial Services Commission
- Ava Trade Middle East Ltd is regulated by the Abu Dhabi Global Markets (ADGM) Financial Regulatory Services Authority (FRSA) (No.190018)
- Ava Capital Markets Pty is regulated in South Africa by the South African Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA NO.45984)
- Ava Trade Japan K .K. is licensed and regulated in Japan by the Financial services agency (License No.1662), the financial futures association of Japan (License No.1574)
Advantages of using AvaTrade
- AvaTrade proffers account protection against negative balance, and anytime the market fluctuates, trades are protected, and they are safe from any adverse probability during the period. Simply put, AvaTrade reimburses the members for losing the trades at the end of the protected period directly to the trader’s account.
- AvaTrade suggests highly competitive spreads and several cryptocurrencies to choose from. Users can trade directly through the trading platform, and no e-wallet is needed.
- Reviews mention that there are no hidden fees, zero commissions, financing rates, and no trading costs or bank account & bank transfer fees on the transactions executed. But it charged currency conversion fees.
- AvaTrade provides competitive spreads and generous leverage of up to 2:1 for EU residents, and for non-EU residents, it is 25:1. This increases the trade value and provides the user more exposure to the trading markets, such as the United States, Europe and Asia.
- By using the AvaTrade trading platform, one can trade cryptocurrencies against fiat currencies, which is a major benefit when compared to other top forex brokers.
AvaTrade Review – Trading Video Tutorials
Some of the cryptocurrencies that can be traded on AvaTrade are –
- Bitcoin Cash
- Bitcoin Gold
AvaTrade’s Trading Platforms
Traders can benefit from a wide variety of platforms that offer several ways to trade. AvaTrade has third-party platforms like MT4 and MT5, and their own AvaTradeGO and Webtrader as well.
AvaTrade Review – Webtrader
- The web platform connects traders directly with the financial markets through an internet browser. Having a modern design and easy to use front-end, users can enjoy a hassle-free trading experience.
- Further, the user need not download or install; they can approach the web trading platform from a PC. If the user has a stable internet connection, they can trade from anywhere.
- By using the WebTrader platform at AvaTrade, end users can benefit from a seamless user experience, search function, and utilize several functionalities directly from the web version. They can also access technical analysis indicators and educational trading tools.
- Trading Central comes fully integrated into this trading platform, which can be used for instant pattern recognition and technical insights. Besides, no Trading Central installation is needed. It is available on any browser or computer.
- AvaTrade WebTrader also trots out a few important features like AvaProtect, which is a risk management tool that helps traders to protect the trades from the probability of losing money. The user can also set up take profit or stop-loss to close their positions. They can also view charts and the trading history; WebTrader helps individuals to open and close positions with the click of a mouse.
AvaTrade Review – AvaTradeGO Innovative Technology
AvaTradeGO was voted as the number 1 Forex Trading App in 2020. Using AvaTradeGO can reduce risk, take advantage of market trends, and stay up-to-date. It is a unique app offered by AvaTrade. It has intuitive features and a safe way to monitor social trends. User reviews show that AvaTradeGO has a great user experience and its notification, price alerts, and charting tools help traders gain important financial insights for clear market analysis.
MetaTrader 4 Platform
AvaTrade Review – Meta Trader 4
- MetaTrader is a third-party trading software that is very popular among traders. MetaTrader 4 presents a great user experience and several functionalities.
- AvaTrade gives two versions of the platform, MT4, and MT5, which are available on mobile, desktop, and web trading platform.
- Irrespective of the trading platform chosen by the user, both are highly effective. The software used will not overload the systems, and thus it is made for immediate execution and fast trading. These are the most important factors which are to be considered when a user is trading in volatile markets that are fast-paced.
- A powerful combination of leading trading technologies and analytical technologies, which allows to implement some of the most complicated strategies (e.g, Donchian Channel).
AvaTrade Review – Meta Trader 5
- MT5 is the latest version of the platform with an account. It is often referred to as a next-generation platform. AvaTrade provides MT5, which is a powerful trading platform.
- MT5 is intended to trade with many asset classes, which also includes cryptocurrencies; it is a multi-asset platform that helps traders to enhance their experience by offering effective and intuitive functionalities. AvaTrade offers several practical resources and trading tools.
- As per our AvaTrade review, MT4 and MT5 are the trading platforms offered with backtesting capabilities. The main advantage of MT5 over MT4 is that it caters to the needs of the United States markets and non-forex markets.
Some of the different features that are offered by MT5 (when compared with MT4)
- MT5 comes with an economic calendar that is fully integrated, and its tabs show previous data, the news released schedules, market consensus, etc.
- Using MT5, the traders can transfer funds very easily. This helps AvaTrade to streamline the process by offering traders flexibility and convenience.
- On the MT5 platform, the traders can check the market movements by using a graphical representation of offers and bids of a specific financial asset. It is the most important function which helps the traders to execute their orders at the best possible price.
- By using the AvaTrade MetaTrader 5 platform, traders can trade futures, options, bonds, forex and CFD.
In Forex Options, for trading options, AvaTrade has its own desktop trading platform. AvaOptions with Vanilla Options helps clients in options trading to create a portfolio, choose from over 40 currency pairs, and reward. It also has portfolio simulations and professional risk management tools.
AvaTrade recommends automated copy trading platforms like ZuluTrade, DupliTrade (education section is good, above the industry average), and MQL5. Using these platforms, traders can copy or mirror the trades of other successful traders. If you are an experienced trader, AvaTrade has different auto trading products, and will be able to receive support from expert advisors.
AvaTrade Review – Tools offered by the Platform
AvaTrade trots out a wide selection of trading platforms that can be used on mobile and desktop platform. For Mac owners, the interface allows traders to have direct access to trade several assets on MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, and WebTrader. The traders can trade several currencies, stocks anytime and from anywhere. As the name suggests, this platform has been specially created for Mac, and it is designed for smooth navigation. It gives a wide range of order types with multiple charting options trading strategies for smooth trading to options traders.
AvaTrade’s AvaTradeGO provides traders with several powerful features of MetaTrader 4. It also has features like a clear dashboard, social trading, notifications, deposit, etc. By using this, the trader can create their watchlist, view notifications, live prices, and technical charts. The traders can choose several instruments for trading, which include commodities, stock index, forex, and several more.
Like most platforms, traders can utilize common orders like-
- Buy Stop
- Sell Stop
- Buy Limit
- Sell Limit
If the trader applies for a take profit or stop-loss order, the trade position will be automatically closed when it is triggered. Moreover, traders can also manually close these positions anytime before any orders like limit orders or others are triggered.
The account types that are available with AvaTrade –
- Standard accounts or Retail accounts for individuals
- Corporate account for legal entities
- Forex Options account for trading FX vanilla options
- Islamic account for a swap-free account
- Spread betting accounts offered only for the United Kingdom and Ireland residents
Types of accounts at AvaTrade vary from country to country, for e.g., Member States of European Union can open a professional account, options, and spread betting accounts, and clients from the British Virgin Islands, Australia, South Africa, and Japan can have a standard account and options account with AvaTrade. Clients from Abu Dhabi can open a retail account, options, and professional account. For account opening, traders must have to fulfill regulation requirements.
Financial Instruments Offered by AvaTrade
AvaTrade provides the following instruments for its traders –
- FX options
Forex Affiliate Partnership Program
AvaTrade Review – partner with us
As per our review, it provides an AvaTrade Forex affiliate partnership program where the advertising partners can work from home, and they are awarded for referring traders to the platform. The AvaTrade forex affiliate network consists of over 70,000 partners, including global partner of Manchester City, in over 150 countries throughout the world.
Affiliates can choose partnerships like:
- Introducing Broker
- Flexible White Label
- Tied Agent
- Business Partner
- Online Affiliate Manager
- Trading Academy
AvaTrade Review – An affiliate partnership program
To withdraw funds from an AvaTrade account, the trader should ensure that their account is confirmed and verified & this broker doesn’t charge a withdrawal fee. Identity verification is one of the main needs of the regulatory authorities, and the broker should strictly follow the KYC process.
This process at AvaTrade needs to identify the trader’s account and check out any potential risks that might give access to any fraudulent activities.
The withdrawal process of AvaTrade takes 1 to 2 working days.
This broker is regulated and complies with strict regulatory requirements that are needed by the authorities. It adheres to international anti-money laundering regulations. As per our AvaTrade review, withdrawals can be made through the payment methods that are funded to the AvaTrade account.
One can start with deposit funds to open an account with AvaTrade com without a deposit fee. There are different ways to deposit funds: credit cards, debit cards, bank wire transfers, and e-wallets (Skrill, WebMoney, and Neteller). Each has its own processing time. Credit/Debit cards and e-wallets may take one business day, and wire transfer can take up to 7 business days. The minimum deposit amount is $100, and AvaTrade has four main base currencies: USD, EUR, GBP & AUD base currency.
Research Tools and Daily Market Updates
As per our review, a variety of technical research tools & trading ideas for its traders great for copy trading is offered by AvaTrade. It has also integrated Trading Central, a third-party tool & forex featured ideas that provide technical and fundamental analysis, in line with the industry average. When traders register at AvaTrade, they will receive a daily market trading strategy newsletter and morning news brief, both of which include daily market data, market buzz, and updates. Traders at AvaTrade can also access a blog that covers current events and market commentary.
AvaTrade’s Educational Resources
AvaTrade offers several educational resources and empowers clients to trade with confidence through the education website Sharp Trader. Its collection of ebooks, videos, research articles, and webinars will be helpful to traders of all proficiencies. AvaTrade members are also offered a demo trading account so that they can practice without using real funds.
Some of the trading courses and other education material offered through AvaTrade include –
- Beginner’s Trading Guides
- Professional trading strategies
- Economic indicators
- Order types
- Trading videos & Platform tutorials
- Demo Account
AvaTrade Review – Education Center Resources
Trading CFD With AvaTrade
AvaTrade was one of the first online brokers to provide forex and CFD trading (for those who understand how CFDs work), thus giving individual traders access to a range of markets that were not provided to them before & provides less CFD trading fees. for Australian people, You can know more about other best Australian FX brokers here. The platform has quite a collection of CFD instruments: ETFs, stocks, bonds, cryptocurrencies, and commodities. Along with leveraged trading and multilingual customer support, AvaTrade does not charge any exchange fees and offers tight spreads.
Forex Trading With AvaTrade
When trading forex or any other instrument, traders should trade with confidence, even though profits are not guaranteed. Every platform has its advantages and disadvantages, and also, there are major risks of losing funds. AvaTrade recognizes that knowledge is the key to confidence. AvaTrade’s website has the best educational resources.
Forex trading at AvaTrade is highly regulated and it provides various forex pairs. Other advantages include competitive spreads, multiple platforms, and premium customer service. The platform has restriction-free scalping and short-selling.
AvaTrade’s Customer Service
AvaTrade offers a dedicated and excellent multilingual customer support team supporting 14 languages. The AvaTrade team is available 24X5 over the phone support, live chat, and email. The fastest response times are for live chat and email address.
AvaTrade’s Economic Calendar
- AvaTrade has a global economic calendar that shows financial events affecting financial markets and asset class value.
- The events are pre-scheduled and consist of statements made by countries and leading players in the financial sector from the IMF (International Monetary Fund), Central banks, and others. It also declares a country’s monthly unemployment rate, which can cause fluctuations in the currency value.
- Traders can access important economic releases and can view the GDP of various countries, employment data, inflation rate, and other economic indicators that can influence the market either to go high or low.
- Using the calendar, experienced traders can apply, plan, and execute trades by following economic events. Traders can use it for predicting which way the market will move to make wise and informed trades.
- Traders can get a better understanding of the causes behind market fluctuations, predict how much the market will change, and understand how past events have influenced the markets by what percentage.
- By using an economic calendar, traders can have a deeper understanding of critical market movements that can affect trades and prices.
- Political events that can influence the market movements of a specific currency pair can be monitored closely.
- Traders can follow the occurrences of the markets, and they can also measure their ripple effects.
- Users can follow important economic and non-economic factors that will help them to anticipate important market movements and act accordingly.
- AvaTrade launched AvaSocial in November of 2020, a new copy trading solution for traders. This new copy and social trading tool benefits both new and existing traders by permitting them to connect with other traders to share and execute trades in a central network.
- By using the AvaSocial mobile app, users can copy and follow the trades of other traders. They can get information and advice from experts; they can also ask mentors questions in VIP groups and try out powerful and new strategies.
- Currently, AvaSocial is available in languages such as English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Vietnamese, Chinese, Hong Kong, and Chinese (traditional).
- Clients can use AvaSocial to create a community of followers, where they can monitor their trade strategies, manually copy or auto-copy others trades, and analyze their performance; users can communicate with other traders using the instant messaging functionality.
- Avasocial can be used by both beginner and professional traders. Beginners can use AvaSocial for gaining exposure to the financial markets, while professional traders can save time by learning about the financial market.
- Traders can receive trading signals in real-time and also get updates about other expert traders and friends in a specialized news feed. They can check what they are doing, comment, share, like a trade, or just copy their trading signals.
- AvaTrade team lets traders celebrate their success with an image or video post, where users can post on various social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Whenever markets are active, traders can trade, stay motivated, communicate with other traders in an engaging trading environment.
Who Can Use AvaTrade?
As per our AvaTrade review, the AvaTrade team caters to diverse client groups because it provides several options on platforms trading, tradable asset classes, research instruments, and software.
The AvaTrade platform can be used by beginners, and it offers a simple and intuitive front-end that is backed by dedicated customer support & account manager team. Beginners can easily navigate through the platform’s features and functionalities. AvaTrade offers specialized educational material to acquaint themselves with the trading environment.
The AvaTrade platform can be used by advanced traders, and the spreads are competitive, close to the industry average; it offers trading from a tablet, desktop, web platform, mobile, MT4, and AvaTradeGO. It includes several advanced instruments for expert traders. Also, it provides an automated trading platform and conducts several free webinars for traders of all levels.
The ones who are looking for diversified portfolios can find AvaTrade’s range of financial instruments such as commodities, stocks, forex, CFD, indices, and cryptocurrencies useful. It helps traders to diversify their portfolio and also to minimize the risks involved.
To conclude our AvaTrade review, the broker has a good track record & is regulated by several authorities such as the Central Bank of Ireland and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission but it is not a market maker. AvaTrade has withdrawal and deposit options free of charge, low trading fees, and a free demo account. AvaTrade is user-friendly and provides many research and educational instruments. Even though it has several advantages, the high inactivity fee, currency conversion fee, and limited investment products can be major cons. But, the minimum deposit amount is very small, and individuals can start trading immediately.
1. What is the minimum deposit amount for AvaTrade?
Ans: This broker’s minimum initial deposit 100 dollars for the account opening process & there are no deposit fees. It also offers various options for deposits, and the clients can fund their account using a credit card, debit card, bank wire transfer, and also through e-wallets like Skrill, Neteller, Paypal, and WebMoney.
2. Is AvaTrade regulated?
Ans: Yes AvaTrade EU Ltd is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. The broker is subject to strict compliance requirements such as ethical handling of client funds and securities and daily financial reporting. AvaTrade also proffers negative balance protection for its clients.
3. How long do withdrawals take?
Ans: Generally, the AvaTrade team processes the withdrawals within a business day. It might take a few days for the user to receive the payment. If the user is using a credit or debit card, it might take up to 5 business days, and for e-wallets, it takes around 24 hours.
4. How does AvaTrade make money?
Ans: This online broker makes money from commissions and spreads that are charged on a trader’s account, inactivity fees, overnight markup, and the trader’s net trading losses, which makes it to cover their expenses through these positions.
Risk Disclaimer – CFDs are complex, risky instruments. 71% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFD with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFD works and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.