- A Brief Background
- Overall Summary
- Pros and Cons
- Trading Platforms
- Partner Platforms
- Mobile App
- Placing orders
- Investment offerings
- Types of Accounts
- Account Opening Process
- Zerodha Account Opening Charges
- Deposit and Withdrawal Options
- Account Closure with Zerodha
- Zerodha Partner Program
- Zerodha Referral Program
- Resources offered by Zerodha
- Customer support
- Wrap Up
Zerodha broking ltd is the top Indian broker based in Bangalore, India. With more than 8+ million customers, the broker contributes to more than 15% of daily retail trading volumes daily over NSE, BSE, and MCX. Zerodha provides a great online trading platform with low brokerage charges, and almost all the operations are transparent. There is a lot of information that you will be getting from the Zerodha review 2023. It strives for continuous improvement on its latest technology platforms, and it is the fastest-growing platform in India. There is a huge client base in Zerodha. There are so many products that Zerodha offers.
Let’s see the Zerodha overview:-
|Product Offered||Stock, Direct mutual funds, Futures & Options, IPO, Gift stocks, Fixed income|
|Minimum Initial Deposit||$0|
|MetaTrader 4 (MT4)||No|
|MetaTrader 5 (MT5)||No|
|Supported currencies||INR, USD, GBP, JPY, EUR|
|Customer Support||Through telephone and email|
RISK WARNING: YOUR CAPITAL MIGHT BE AT RISK
Zerodha Review: A Brief Background
- Zerodha (which is a newly established discount broker in India) was started by Nithin Kamath in 2010, who is an engineer by qualification. Presently Zerodha serves more than 8+ million Zerodha customers, who place millions of trades daily through the Zerodha trading platforms, which contribute to more than 15% of Indian retail trading volumes. Zerodha provides trading ideas based on fundamental analysis.
- Zerodha has earned the name of the discount stock broker in India. This company was founded in Bangalore, and it is the leading and most popular stock broking company, which has a presence in almost all the cities across the states. Zerodha is a prominent member of the National Stock Exchanges of India, Multi Commodity Exchange, and Bombay Stock Exchanges. This platform is best for those who find it difficult to carry out particular fundamental analysis and look for precise investment.
- Zerodha, the no 1 and best stock broker in India keeps on updating its platforms and its website with the latest and innovative technologies and offers the best trading for its traders. A few examples are Small Case and Coin. In the case of using Zerodha coin accounts, a trader can invest in bonds, securities, and T-bills with a wide range of other options. This will help you to analyze Zerodha in terms of various factors, like a discount broker in India.
- Via their extensive ecosystem of investing platforms, more than 1+ Crore clients place millions of orders every day, accounting for more than 15% of total Indian retail trading volumes.
Overall Summary of Zerodha Customer base Ratings & Review
Overall Rating– 4.5 stars
Trust – 93%
Offering of Investments – 5 stars
Commissions and Fees – 4 stars
Platform and Tools – 4 stars
Research – 4.5 stars
Mobile Trading – 4 stars
Customer care – 4 stars
Education – 4 stars
Features of Zerodha
- Zerodha, being the best stock brokers of India, has the latest features and offers several trading platforms, mobile apps, and other features for the benefit of its traders. You would get a notification whenever the underlying hits the price that you have set.
- Zerodha has developed their own software for trading called Zerodha Kite, which is a kite web and mobile-based trading app; Coin is a mutual fund investment platform, Varsity an educational program for investors, Trading Q&A, & other tools.
- This broker also provides a smallcase- thematic investment options, sensibull-options trading platform, streak-algo, and strategy platform, and GoldenPi-bonds trading platform. Zerodha also provides the 3 in 1 account. If you wish to convert your existing account to 3 in 1 account that is also possible. Zerodha advanced trading platform and brokerage plans makes it an ideal stock broker for all trading needs.
- Additionally, Zerodha provides popular open educational community initiatives and online educational programs to help investors and retail traders.
- When compared to other stock brokers in India, Zerodha is a discount broker and not a full-service broker and provides low trading fees and does not charge a brokerage for equity delivery trading (Zerodha brokerage charges for Free equity delivery trading account is zero). One can find the transparent fee structure given on the Zerodha website useful. This is supplemented by a fee calculator, which is easy to use.
- The deposit and withdrawal process offered by the Zerodha is free and user friendly. There is only one base currency, and the traders can be used in bank transfers for deposits and withdrawals. This broker does not charge deposit fees, and they can deposit through bank transfers and the unified payment interface(UPI), which is an instant payment system. Zerodha does not support credit card or debit card payments.
- Zerodha has an app called Pulse, which helps traders with the latest news on stocks, financial markets, banks, and funds. Pulse is a feed that is updated every hour, well organised, which includes global indicators and tables. It is the discount brokerage firm that is currently India’s largest stock broker in terms of overall contribution to the daily trading platform. Hoping that in 2023 Zerodha will bring a lot of helpful updates.
Pros and Cons of Zerodha
Let’s see a few Pros and Cons as per our Zerodha Review. The following are the pros and cons:-
|Zerodha offers great trading platforms.||Account opening process is slow.|
|Zero brokerage on trading and low fees.||No advisory services are offered.|
|For Intraday trading orders flat Rs.20 charged.|
|Provides excellent educational and research tools for it traders.|
|Wide choice of technical tools for a better trading experience.|
Zerodha Trading Platforms Review
As per our Zerodha review, it has been in the first field for more than a decade and has become a well-known name in the broking industry. All the investments are stored in form of shares in electronic form in the Demat account. The Demat account opening can be managed by the traders and not by stock brokers. Besides, the stocks are managed by CDSL and NSDL, the well known regulatory body. You need not worry about the shares, and the shares can retrieved even if Zerodha goes bankrupt. You pay a fixed brokerage of Rs 20 (brokerage charges) for intraday trading and zero brokerage on equity delivery.
As we have reviewed the platform, we found Zerodha provides many trading platforms for each client. Its web and mobile trading platforms are superb, featuring a wide range of research tools. Zerodha offers two mobile trading platforms:- Kite and Coin. On Kite, you can trade with all available assets except mutual funds. If you want to trade mutual funds you have to use Coin.
As we have reviewed the platform, we found Zerodha provides many trading platforms for their clients:
Zerodha Kite 3.0
Zerodha Kite, released in November 2015, is a popular web-based HTML5 web trading platform, can be used on tablets, smartphones, and also web browsers. It also shows the Market watch and extensive technical charting along with indicators. It was developed by Zerodha’s in-house professionals, and since its inception, it has been updated several times. Presently the kite web based trading platform provided by Zerodha is Kite 3.0. Market value is also commonly used to denote the market value of a public joint stock company.
Review of the Features of Zerodha Kite 3.0
Let us review some of features of Kite 3.0 –
- Kite is the fastest trading platform that provides advanced charts, an excellent user experience, streaming market data, and several more. You will experience the Kite platform on android and IOS devices seamlessly.
- It offers complete market information, exhaustive charting details that include over a hundred indicators, and other chart types. Zerodha kite web allows the user to add up to five different market watch lists, each with a maximum of forty scripts.
- The traders can use the instrument search across around 90,000 stocks, futures, and options contracts instantly over multiple stock exchanges. The traders can easily search for their favorite bonds, stocks, metals and derivatives without much difficulty.
- Kite’s user interface is sleek, and its latest design is used to give you analyzing, selling, managing the portfolio with just a single click on. The traders can navigate the design intuitively with keyboard shortcuts.
- By using the Kite app, you can dive into deeper insights regarding market liquidity, and this, in turn, helps the traders to develop trading strategies for equity intraday for the trade value.
- Zerodha has advanced charting, several indicators tools, and is a customizable charting interface. It also provides exhaustive historical data for future and options contracts and stocks.
- Zerodha would be offering brokerage of Rs 20 as brokerage charges per executed order. You can save huge money if you trade at a high volume regularly.
Kite Mobile App Review
The Kite mobile app can also be used on Android and IOS applications, and permits the Zerodha customers trade from mobile devices from anywhere and anytime. The app is free to its customers for monitoring stocks and trading in India. This has live streaming data from NSE, BSE and MCX. Kite app is very simple and user-friendly.
- Console is considered as a back-office platform of Zerodha as per our Zerodha Review 2023. Customers can trade and view the dashboard, and they can also monitor all their investments like stocks, mutual funds, derivatives, etc., by using this platform.
- Members can also access several reports, place withdrawal requests, get account statements, and they can also download the contract notes. Console also provides analytical tools like a heat map and trade book.
- You will gain insights for your trades and for your investments and get in-depth reports and visualizations. The Console is the central dashboard in Zerodha account opening, which offers analytics of your investments and trades.
- Zerodha Sentinel is a cloud-based tool that permits the customers to set up price alerts on future options stocks etc.
- The unique features of Sentinel is when compared with other price alert tools that are dependent on the machine, which will only trigger when the computer is switched on. Here the price alerts are triggered anytime, even when the computer is switched off.
- The price alert is triggered, notifications are sent through email address and Kite. The customer can set an alarm according to their preference.
- By using Sentinel, you can set real-time price alerts in stocks, bonds, derivatives, and several more.
- You can also create real-time market alerts on the cloud by using this feature for future and options, stocks, and several more completely for Rs 0.
- The Mutual fund platform offered by Zerodha Coin is where it allows people to invest money in direct mutual funds. You will buy direct mutual funds online, which are commission free, which are directly delivered to your Demat account. You can save on both the upfront and trail commission of your investment. This experience is offered on iOS and Android devices.
- Coin was launched in April 2017, and it has more than 100,000 clients who have invested more than 2000 crore on mutual funds and saved crore on commissions, which they have been paid in regular platforms for Mutual Funds. If you would like to trade with mutual funds, you have to use coins.
- By offering Coin, it helps the investors to invest in direct mutual funds commission-free; it provides savings of 1.5 % on commissions yearly. Mutual funds are deposited in your Demat account, which is linked with the trading account of Zerodha.
Kite Connect API
You will use Zerodha to build powerful web trading platforms and to provide a better trading experience by using HTTP/JSON APIs with Kite Connect. If you are planning to start a startup, you can build an investment app, and you can offer it to your customers with Kite Connect API.
Call & Trade
If you are not online, you can use the call and trade service Zerodha in addition to a cost of Rs. 50 and 18% on GST per executed order.
Zerodha provides Varsity, which is a collection of articles with in-depth illustrations and coverage. The content is broken down into smaller units and helps the trader to learn anywhere and anytime.
Partner Platforms of Zerodha
As per our Zerodha Review 2023, without doubt is the best stock broker in India, it offers its customers access to several trading platforms and research tools, and the products are developed by some of the other companies by using this platform of Zerodha. The tools are integrated with the Zerodha Kite platform.
We have reviewed some of the Zerodha trading platforms and tools that are partner’s and are discussed below:-
- Smallcase is considered as one of the thematic investment platforms, which helps the user to invest money in readymade portfolios of stocks that are created around an idea or a theme or a strategy as per our review. This has several choices like electrical mobility, the top 100 stocks, insurance, and several more. If you are an investor, you can choose an investment strategy and invest within a single click.
- Streak is considered as an end-to-end cloud-based platform developed for retail traders to create algorithms without the need for coding; they backtest on the historical data, execute them in the live market. It also provides other features like alerts, real-time information, and managed positions.
- Sensibull is an options trading platform where it offers trading strategies to the users, which are based on the market view. By using this feature, you can compare various strategies, understand risk, brokerage structure, evaluate the profitability, and execute it on the platform. Also, it permits traders to create custom options and trade strategies.
- GoldenPi is a bonds trading platform. This is a technology-enabled and automated platform that offers updates on investment options, incoming interest payments, and it also offers personal assistance. It does not charge any fee from traders, and the minimum investment amount required for investing in this platform is Rs 10,000.
Review the Mobile App offered by Zerodha
- During our platform review, Zerodha trading platforms are :- Zerodha Kite, Zerodha varsity, and Zerodha coin are offered for customers. The Kite web is a trading platform where its customers can trade from anywhere and anytime. Zerodha Coin app is created to facilitate the transactions of the online mutual funds, and Zerodha varsity offers market education to its customers.
- The mobile trading app designed for everyone in the Kite Android app; this Android app is very powerful and intuitive and the best mobile app. The app allows its customers to trade on the go with the help of a smartphone. Zerodha is a trading application.
- The customers of Zerodha can trade with equity, futures, commodity futures, currency futures and derivatives through their mobile app. This Kite Android app is provided free of charge for all its customers.
- The user can login to their account and use the app seamlessly.
Is Zerodha Safe?
- Since its inception, the broker has gained several millions of happy customers who are actively trading for over a decade.
- Zerodha is considered a zero-debt company, and it does not borrow from anybody and operates with its funds. One thing about Zerodha is that it does not have any margin funding, which is considered a risk factor for stockbrokers
- Zerodha will not be offered credit risk less than 5%. Business funds are more than 25% of clients funds. This broker is highly profitable and has more than enough resources for sustaining even if there is a turn in the economy.
Zerodha offers the below order types:-
- After Market
- Immediate or Cancel (IOC)
How does Zerodha make money?
- While our platform review, Zerodha offers low-cost brokerage services. The low brokerage fees reduce the break-even point for the trades, which in turn increases the frequency of trading and also revenue.
- Zerodha saves money by not offering add-on services like tips, research, relationship managers, and it also does not spend money on advertisement.
Investment Offerings by Zerodha
Zerodha offers more than 5000 stocks on both the equity intraday and equity delivery based trades. It is listed on the stock exchanges like National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange. Stocks are available for Console, Kite, Sentinel, Smallcase, StockReports+, and Streak as well.
Direct mutual funds
Zerodha offers more than 2,000 direct mutual funds without a distributor. By using this, you can save up to 1.5% on commissions or brokerage yearly, and it is available in Coin.
Futures & Options
You can trade oil, metals, agricultural commodities, stock, index, equity futures and options as well in BSE, NSE and MCX . This is available for Zerodha Margin calculator, Sensible, Streak, and Kite as well.
Zerodha members can apply online, and they can also invest in companies that are listed on the top of the Indian stock exchange with an IPO with their BHIM UPI app. It is available on Console and Upcoming IPOs.
Zerodha offers gift stocks where you can introduce your family and friends to investing long term by giving them ETFs, stocks, gold bonds, and mutual funds.
Zerodha offers fixed income where you can invest in gold and get market returns and also 2.5% yearly on the investment amount, this is guaranteed by the government of India and it is safe. One of the examples is sovereign Gold Bond (SGB). And also, you can invest in bonds with yields better than bank FDs.
Can You Trust Zerodha?
- During our platform review, Zerodha is the leading name in stock market trading. It is the largest stock broker in India by volume, growth as well as customers. In India, this has several thousands of active clients and offers low cost and flat 20 Rs rate brokerage plans, several education and research tools, advanced trading platforms, and many more.
- Zerodha is referred to by traders of all types because it is technically advanced and cheap. It is also liked by casual investors since it does not charge brokerage charges on equity options and mutual funds delivery trading. So you do not have to pay any brokerage charges per executed order Equity Futures.
- Zerodha has developed massively since its inception and has become one of the trusted and leading discount brokers in India. This has more than 8+ million active customers, which contribute to 15% daily retail trading volumes per day. It is also a member of NSE, BSE, CDSL, and MCX. They have the largest stock broker in India by volume as well as growth.
Pricing Offered by Zerodha
Let us review the pricing offered by Zerodha –
- All on brokerage equity delivery investments NSE & BSE are completely free – Zerodha Brokerage Charges are zero Equity intraday and F&O trades – Flat 0.03% or Rs 20 (whichever is lower) per executed order on intraday trades across equity options, commodity, futures, equity and currency futures. This is lower than other forex brokers charges that are present in the market.
- Zerodha brokerage for NRI :- (Whichever is lower) 0.01% or Rs 200 per executed order is charged.
You have to pay brokerage of Rs 20 per executed order equity options and zero brokerage on delivery based equity selling.
- All direct mutual fund investments are free, with Rs 0 commissions & DP charges.
- Zerodha charges GST of 18% on (brokerage charges + transaction charges) for currency futures and currency options.
- Now talking about STT, it charges only for a sell side for intraday and F&O trades.
Types of Zerodha Accounts
If you are wanting to trade in commodities, stocks, currency options and mutual funds as well then you can do so by using Demat and trading account, trading and investment with Zerodha. You also note that the Demat account will not be important if you’re planning to trade only derivatives. As we have reviewed the platform, there are three types of accounts for members.
A Demat account with Zerodha and its features can be defined as an account that enables the traders and investors to hold their shares in an electronic form. A Demat account with the stocks in dematerialized form. Dematerialization is the process of changing the physical shares in electronic form. If you have to share with other brokers, you can transfer the same to the Demat account of Zerodha. Additionally, Zerodha has an option to dematerialize the physical shares with them. Enter your details and your Demat account will be registered.
A trading a/c is needed when you buy or sell assets in the share market for intraday trading. You should also note that the trading account is different from the Demat account. If you are an intraday trader, you need only your trading demat account with Zerodha, and you do not require the Zerodha Demat account. The system applies to the Indian stockbrokers, even though this broker might ask their members to open Zerodha Demat account.
If you are having plans to trade in commodities, then you can open a commodity trading account with Zerodha. Also, you need to open Demat account along with the commodity future account to start trading.
Zerodha Account Opening Process
Opening an account in Zerodha which is the number one broker in India. It is fully digital, and it is faster if you use Aadhar-Esign. Account opening takes around 24 to 48 hours (within a day) when you apply. Get step by step account opening process.
Below given are some of the documents that are required to open an account with Zerodha –
- Copy of the PAN card
- if you are opening an account online, it is mandatory to submit an Aadhar card
- Canceled cheque or your latest bank account statement
- Scanned or photocopy your signature
- You need to submit income proof if you’re planning to trade in futures and options. You can also submit the latest salary slips, 6 months Bank account statement, form 16, income tax return acknowledgment, Demat account holding statement, or net worth certificate.
- The online account opening process is very easy and convenient as it is linked with Digilocker. Note that if in case the cheque does not include IFSC code and MICR code your application would be rejected.
Zerodha Account Opening Charges
Online account with Zerodha. Get step by step account opening charges:-
- For Trading & Demat account opening charges of Rs 200
- For Commodity account opening charges Rs 100
- Offline account opening at Zerodha additionally charges Rs.300
- Zerodha provides a brokerage calculator to its traders for calculating costs.
- The brokerage charges which are in addition to Rs.50 per executed order if you’re calling and trade and RMS auto square off. Zerodha sends the digital contract notes through email.
- If you require physical copies of the contract notes, you will be charged a flat Rs 20 or 0.03% per trade (whichever is low) contract, and for the brokerage charges are applied.
- If you’re an NRI willing to trade with Zerodha, charge of Rs 200 or 0.1% (Equity delivery for both buying and selling) on whichever is lower executed per order.
- Call and trade feature are available at an extra cost of Rs 50 per call.
- Zerodha charges brokerage of 0.25% will be applied to all the trades that are carried out in any cash-settled commodity contract.
- Zerodha charges zero brokerage for investment in equity and mutual funds.
- If there would be any modification in the documents Rs 25 would be charged.
Now, check out the below table to know more details on Zerodha account opening charges:-
|Type of Account||Equity (for trades on Equity, F&O, and Currency)||Equity (for trades on Equity, F&O, and Currency) and Commodity (MCX)|
|Online Account in Zerodha||Rs.200||Rs.300|
|NRI Account (Only offline)||Rs.500||N/A|
|Partnership, LLP, HUF, or Corporate accounts (Only offline)||Rs.500||Rs.800|
Deposit and Withdrawal Options
Zerodha has three modes to deposit funds –
You can instantly transfer funds from your registered bank account totally free to use UPI. One of the major advantages of using UPI transfers is the funds are updated instantly on your Zerodha account.
Instant payment gateway
By using the instant payment gateway, you can directly transfer funds from the fast trading platform (Kite/Pi) by using the instant payment gateway facility. For example, this facility comes with a charge of Rs.9 plus taxes. One of the major advantages is instant credit. Zerodha partners itself with several banks for their members to avail of this facility.
You should always know that the time taken to reflect your funds in the Zerodha trading account depends on the method of fund transfer. If the funds are not reflected in the trading account, it might be because the funds might be transferred from an unregistered bank account, or the bank account details might be missing. Following are the methods of fund transfer:-
|NEFT/RTGS||Between 2 to 10 hours depending on your bank||Free at Zerodha, bank charges may apply|
|IMPS||10 minutes during market hours||Free at Zerodha, bank charges may apply|
|Cheque||3 to 5 working days||Free|
- The user can place a withdrawal request by logging into Console or with Kite.
- F&O (whichever is lower between 0.03% or Rs 20 executed per order), currency, equity & options withdrawals are processed from Monday to Friday at 8:30 p.m.
- Commodity options withdrawals are processed from Monday to Friday at 8 a.m.
- You should know that all withdrawal requests can be placed only online, and it might require 24 hours to be credited to the bank account.
- If the withdrawal request is placed after the timeline, it will be processed the next working day.
- Withdrawal requests that are placed on second and fourth Fridays will be credited on Monday because banks are closed on second and fourth Saturdays.
How to proceed with Account Closure with Zerodha?
- Zerodha Demat account and trading accounts will automatically get deactivated if you do not use them for six months. If you wish to activate your dormant trading account, it can be activated by calling customer care.
- If you are having a Zerodha account and if you’re not using it anymore or if you’re using other brokers, we highly recommend closing the account to avoid Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC). It reduces the chance of misusing your account by some other person.
- You can close the account at any time. To close an account with this broker, you need to submit an application form for the account closure. Moreover, you cannot close accounts online or through customer base service.
- For account closure, the app form can be downloaded from the website of Zerodha from the downloads and resources section. You can fill out the form, sign it and you need to courier it to the Bangalore office address.
Zerodha Partner Program Review
One of the leading and most popular other discount brokers in India provides a Zerodha partner program. By using this partner program, you could become authorized partners or sub-brokers of Zerodha. Based on this program, you can start referring customers to join Zerodha. The associate partners can earn recurring referral money when the reference starts to trade with Zerodha.
Zerodha Referral Program
The investors/traders can refer their friends and earn 10% on brokerage that is paid by their referrals. Also, for each referral, you get 300 points and withdraw the 10% of Zerodha brokerage charges to your bank account. You can also redeem your reward points to access several platforms and tools offered for the Zerodha universe section. Another important feature is that it works on a low-cost discount broking model. When compared to other traditional full service brokers who spend their budget on advertising and client acquisition, Zerodha uses word of mouth referral methods to procure the active clients.
Resources offered by Zerodha
Let us review some of the resources offered on Zerodha –
Zerodha offers three types of calculator for its traders –
- Span calculator
- The Brokerage calculator
- Black-Scholes options calculator
Zerodha offers the below tools for news and updates –
In Education, Zerodha provides –
- Zerodha Varsity
- Trading Q&A
Zerodha also offers tools like a holiday calendar to its traders so that they will get to know about the various holidays in advance.
Zerodha 60 Day Challenge
Zerodha throws a 60-day challenge to test the trading skills and the discipline learned by the user experience. The idea behind the challenges is a reminder that towards the end of the day, the trader’s time and effort should be spent worthwhile. The main challenge is to trade in equity options, futures, currency, equity and commodities should come out as a profitable trader at the end of trading (60 days). A winner, you get a certificate of achievement and acknowledgment.
How is it possible for Zerodha to make profits when they offer their members to trade at Rs.20?
- Zerodha is best for the discount broker in India focused mainly on brokerage business (with lowest brokerage charges). They are keeping their operational cost very low, and it will not offer services like Local branches, advertisement, margin funding, research, etc.
- Zerodha invests in the latest technologies and encourages its traders to trade online through mobile, web, and many more sources. It mainly focuses on online traders, and it has its operations in Bangalore.
- Zerodha does not spend its money on advertising, and when it was initially opened, it mainly went through a reference model through customers, this is a major advantage.
- The customer referral program offered from Zerodha had enabled its traders to refer their friends, and it helped them to earn 10% of the brokerage fees paid for the referral. Start trading with Zerodha.
Some of other sources of earnings from Zerodha includes –
- Interest earned on the money from the customers contributes to more than 25% of its revenue
- Call and trade charges
- Demat account charges
- Exchange transaction charges
- SEBi Charges
- Monthly fees that are charged on some of the add-on trading tools offered by Zerodha
- The commission received from the customers when they are applying for NCD, bonds, and corporate FDs.
Zerodha has its in-house research team, which offers its traders several elements like open Trade, where the traders can connect with experienced traders, and they are learning about trading in real-time. This has teamed up with Thomson Reuters to help the retail clients to access some of the advanced reports that are termed the StockReports+. By using this, the clients of Zerodha can register for several paid plans, and they can receive reports about the listed firms.
During our platform review, Zerodha provides Varsity and this is a free online resource that helps traders to learn about investments and stock trading. This resource offers traders access to modules about stock trading instruments. Varsity (investor education program) can be accessed from websites or through the Zerodha app. It provides coverage of the major investment topics. Some of the topics covered are a collection of stock tips with detailed illustrations, and it is also easy to use. The content is divided into bite-size cards, which helps the traders to learn anytime and anywhere. My account is secure and safe in Zerodha.
Zerodha Varsity Modules
Currently, Zerodha Varsity provides 12 modules on the below topics (which can be an investor education program). Also, several modules are offered in the Hindi language for its traders.
1. Introduction to Stock Markets – 15 chapters
The stock market plays a pivotal role in the investing and financial sector. A stock market is a place to buy and sell publicly listed company’s shares as a form of investment. By taking up this module, You can learn about the fundamentals of the stock market, how the market functions, and how to get started, and several details about the stock market.
2. Technical Analysis – 22 chapters
Technical analysis plays an important role in determining the way the market works; just like any other research, technical analysis has its importance and several attributes. By learning this module, you can discover complex features of technical indicators, and you can study various indicators, patterns, and theories that will help you to find the right trading opportunities in the stock market.
3. Fundamental Analysis -16 chapters
Unique fundamental analysis is an important approach for studying the stock market. To invest in the long term, you might find these fundamental analysis models very helpful for understanding financial statements, equity options, research, calculation of financial ratio, annual reports, equity and analyzing the intrinsic value of a stock for finding out long term opportunities in investing.
4. Futures Trading -13 chapters
Futures Trading explains trading in contracts in the derivatives market. This trading module covers several details involved in future trading, whichever is low includes leverages, pricing margins, etc.
5. Options Theory for Professional Trading – 24 chapters
An option is a contract where the option’s price is based on the underlying asset. These options contracts permit the investor the right to purchase an underlying asset without obligation. This option explains several aspects of trading.
6. Option Strategies – 14 chapters
Option strategies models explain various options strategies, this is built on a multidimensional approach, and it is based on market trends that involve risk-return and many more factors.
7. Markets and Taxation -7 chapters
A trader in India, you should be well informed about the taxes that might be levied on your account and Investments. This module explains to the user the taxation procedures for investing or trading in the market. It also explains several topics like how to prepare a balance sheet, profit and loss statement, calculation of the turnover, and how to file income tax returns, and several more.
8. Currency, Commodity, and Government Securities – 19 chapters
This module covers MCX commodity contracts, currency, and government securities as well that are traded in the Indian markets.
9. Risk Management & Trading Psychology -16 chapters
This module explains service management features, along with the psychology that is needed for consistent and profitable trading. The investment in securities markets is subject to market risk so traders need to be careful.
10. Trading Systems – 16 chapters
This module explains the major components that are needed to build a good trading system and the input parameters, interpreting other factors along with your decision making. Also, the traders can learn about the components and different types of systems for their trading.
11. Personal Finance – 25 chapters
The most important aspect is personal finance, which will help you in meeting short term and long term goals. This module explains several aspects of personal finance like insurance, investment, goal-oriented investments, retirement planning, budgeting, etc. By studying this module, it might help the traders to construct a plan for their trading and finance.
12. Innerworth — Mind over markets – 517 chapters
The most unique collection of articles explaining the psychology of trading guides and prepares the trader psychologically to become an experienced trader.
Certificate of Zerodha Varsity
Varsity provides certificates through online tests that are conducted on the Zerodha app. The topics are segregated into three levels, such as beginner, intermediate, and advanced. There will be a quiz at the end of each level, and the trader can take up the certification exam after completing every module. When it is completed, a certificate is issued by Zerodha. Zerodha platform is good for beginners.
Zerodha’s customer support team can be reached through telephone and email. Yet there is no live chat or 24×7 customer service going to help you. The traders can receive quick answers through email, phone and the customer service with highly dedicated and knowledgeable support to provide answers instantly. To send a query through email, it will be answered within 1 to 2 business days. For any query you can contact Zerodha at any time.
The Conclusion – Zerodha Review
With more than 8+ million clients, we conclude our Zerodha review. Zerodha is best as trustworthy with other discount brokers and the India’s largest stock brokers. Zerodha is consistently updating its platform with advanced, technological trading services. If you need to open an account with Zerodha brokerage (with lowest brokerage charges including maintenance charges), you get several advantages like low brokerage charges, the fastest web-based trading platform, and several more. We are experts and highly recommend Zerodha for all types of traders and investors who are focusing on low fees in the Indian market. I was really satisfied by the user-friendly feature. Zerodha doesn’t provide stock tips, research and recommendations. The younger generation is more resistant to change, even though direct mutual funds mean quite a bit of savings in the long run for the investors.