Since the dawn of the blockchain revolution, the regulation of several cryptocurrencies and crypto exchanges has evolved dramatically. Finding the best crypto exchange Australia might be difficult, especially for beginners. Currently, a lot of cryptocurrency exchanges have made their way into Australia. Australian law demands users’ KYC and AML (Anti Money Laundering) information.
To save crypto investors from the trouble of finding the right cryptocurrency trading platform all by themselves, we have compiled a list of the best cryptocurrency exchanges in Australia. The list is based on essential user-related factors like methods of deposit, ease of usage, trading fees, customer support, and security.
Before having in-depth knowledge about the best crypto exchanges in Australia, let’s have a look at their fees:
|Cryptocurrency Exchange||Fees (Maker/Taker)|
|Binance||No Maker Fees|
|Crypto.com||No Maker Fees|
|Kraken||0.9% to 1.5%|
|Luno||No Maker Fees|
|Bybit||Maker: 0.01%, Taker: 0.06%|
|MEXC Global||Maker: 0.000%, Taker: 0.200%|
|Cointree||0.5% and 0.9%|
Top Cryptocurrency Exchanges in Australia: List
There are many factors that crypto exchanges offer. We have reviewed many exchanges for factors like supported currencies, secure exchange, and more to know the right crypto exchange list. A few of the top crypto exchanges in Australia are mentioned below:-
1. Binance Australia – Largest Cryptocurrency Exchange in Australia
Binance is not only the best crypto exchange Australia but also the largest in the country. The platform is perfect for modern Crypto experts; you need good knowledge about cryptocurrency to understand Binance. They have over 65 cryptocurrencies that can be used to trade, they offer the Australian Crypto Exchange with affordable exchange fees, and their cryptocurrencies and trading options are open for the global market. It has been in the business since 2017. Over these 5 years, they have come up with a bunch of trading options and derivatives and recently launched their NFT.
- Trust Wallet for tracking and trading cryptocurrencies
- NFTs available
- Wide selection of trading options
- Comfortable transaction options
- Low trading fees compared to competitors
2. KuCoin – Largest Social Trading Platform
Kucoin is a popular altcoin exchange offering a social trading platform with access to trusted crypto updates and news. The Kucoin app allows traders to start trading with cryptocurrencies and enjoy other 24×7 world-class services in their preferred channel or language. It has more than 20 global communities across 200 countries, over 700 supported coins, and over $1 trillion in accumulated trade volume.
- Low trading fees with discounts based on KCS holdings
- Industry-standard security measures such as trading passwords, anti-phishing phrases, and identity verification
- Easy and quick account creation process
- Supports over 700 crypto coins
3. Crypto.com – World’s Leading Crypto Platform
Crypto.com is trusted by over 70 million customers worldwide and has been operating as the world’s leading crypto platform with verified proof of reserves and comprehensive insurance coverage. Traders at Crypto.com can buy and sell over 250 cryptocurrencies with 20 fiat currencies using their debit or credit cards or through bank transfers. The exchange offers a special Crypto.com Visa Card that allows traders to enjoy up to 5% cash back on all their spending without any annual fees. Crypto.com has attracted more traders with its excellent security measures, speed, and liquidity.
- Advanced trade order types, futures trading, and NFT support
- Crypto rewards, staking, and native blockchain ecosystem (Crypto.org Chain)
- Competitive and transparent fee structure with discounts
- Over 250 cryptocurrencies and stablecoins available
4. Kraken – Best Live Chat Support
Kraken, established in 2011, is a popular crypto exchange in Australia and an all-around exchange with advanced trading features, accessible to both beginners and advanced traders. It has over 65 cryptocurrencies, prioritizes customer security, maintains effective live chat support for clients, and offers reliable investment protection. Kraken exchange is one of the first best crypto exchanges to provide spot trading on various advanced products, including margin.
- Strong security measures such as two-factor authentication and SSL encryption
- Over 65 cryptocurrencies available for buying, selling, and trading
- High liquidity for instant trading
- Staking rewards for customers
- Beginner-friendly resources such as videos and guides
5. Luno – Popular Crypto Exchange
Luno is a popular crypto wallet designed to help traders trade, buy, and sell digital currencies by giving them access to the most popular crypto tokens. Users at Luno can invest and trade with just a button and easily track the value of cryptocurrencies from any device. The exchange can be used by all kinds of users, including new traders and high rollers. It offers advanced technologies and industry-leading processes and has over 10 million users across 40 markets in North America, Asia, Africa, Europe, and Australia.
- Easy access to major digital currencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin.
- Instant deposit and withdrawal options to buy and sell crypto.
- Ability to automate crypto investments with the Repeat Buy feature.
- Stores 95% of crypto in “deep freeze” with multiple layers of encryption.
6. Swyftx – Simple Design App With Ease Of Use
Swyftx works as a reliable platform for bitcoin exchange. It is a rather new platform with a user base touching 30k, where one can buy digital currencies like bitcoin and sell them. Swyftx exchange is a well-designed and reliable crypto-trading platform. Swyftx’s mobile app is suitable for novice and expert traders due to its simple design and ease of use.
- User-friendly platform for novice Australian investors
- Swift verification process
- Mobile app for easy trading
- Low fees compared to Australian market prices
- Dollar cost averaging feature available
7. Bybit – Top Crypto Exchange
Bybit is a global crypto derivatives platform that allows users to deposit and trade crypto and earn up to 2000 USDC in bonuses. Users on ByBit can perform spot and derivatives trading, explore the NFT marketplace, get high yields via Bybit Earn, trade with margined options contracts, and scale derivatives trade on the multi–chain, non-custodial decentralized exchange. Bybit has introduced a new level of products, opportunities, and reliability to use traders with over 10 million users worldwide, 200 contracts in quarterly and perpetual futures, and more than 270 assets in spot trading. The crypto exchange is available in 160 countries, including Australia.
- Multiple currencies and margin trading with up to 100x leverage
- Competitive fees for margin trading
- User-friendly and powerful trading interface with easy-to-navigate options
- Can handle up to 100,000 trades per second
- Strong security record with no breaches or hacks
8. Coinspot – Best Practice Security
Coinspot is among the best crypto exchanges in Australia, especially for beginners in the crypto field. The dashboard is quite easy to handle and remains clutter-free, making it easier for users to buy cryptocurrencies and digital currencies smoothly in the long term. The transaction fees charged on the Coinspot exchange depend solely on how the user places orders on the site.
- The greatest benefit of using Coinspot is that it is extremely easy for people who are just beginning to trade crypto.
- The company is strongly established, and the chances of being scammed are near zero. Other exchanges have been known to be scammed.
- There are a plethora of available deposit methods to choose from.
- The site ensures the most secure exchanges.
9. MEXC Global – Most Secure Crypto Exchange
MEXC Global is popularly known for its mega transaction matching technology and high performance. It has been developed by pioneers of the blockchain and financial industries, catering to over 6 million users in 70+ countries, including Australia, Estonia, and the United States. The trading exchange ensures optimal data security and integrity for all users. It supports over 1500 cryptocurrencies and over 2000 trading pairs and does not charge marker fees for all spot and futures trading pairs.
- Industry-leading financial and security stability for client funds and identities
- Efficient launch of high-quality crypto projects with excellent liquidity
- Variety of trading products including spot, futures and leveraged ETFs
- Multi-platform app support for easy portfolio management
10. Cointree – Easiest Cryptocurrency Exchange
Cointree is a cryptocurrency exchange in Australia that allows its users to buy bitcoin and other coins using local currency. This well-known specific exchange has made itself popular as one of Australia’s best digital currency exchange platforms. This is widely considered to be the best exchange in Australia by many.
- Very easy to use and extremely beginner friendly.
- Offers enough support for SMSF investors.
- Proper mobile application through which users can trade.
- Allows users to purchase crypto in a recurring manner.
- Using Cointree would enable users to pay their bills via cryptocurrency in Australia.
11. Coinstash – Simple Crypto Exchange
Coinstash is a user-friendly and simple crypto exchange that supports a variety of digital currencies for all kinds of investors and traders, including Dogecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ripple, and more. It is a highly intuitive and trusted Australian exchange registered by AUSTRAC. With industry-leading security measures, Coinstash members can enjoy access to more than 1000 coins with the platform’s DeFi Connector, which allows the safe buying and selling of crypto tokens. More than 20,000 registered users can earn up to 4.2% per annum on their AUD balance with the Coinstash Earn feature.
- User-friendly dashboard for inexperienced crypto investors.
- Hosts more than 500 cryptocurrencies that can be purchased using AUD.
- Supports DeFi crypto-to-crypto swapping.
- Users can purchase bundles of major crypto tokens and coins.
- Earn up to 20% APY on AUD and crypto balances with Coinstash Earn.
How to Choose the Best Crypto Exchange in Australia?
All crypto exchanges charge some fees for allowing trades to happen. Check the best crypto exchange Australia fee structure before committing to the particular platform.
2. Customer Support
Customer support is another important factor when choosing the best crypto exchange in Australia. Ensure that the chosen platform has a 24×7 live chat facility and other support channels such as email, phone, and social media.
3. Security Features
Since crypto trading involves huge investments, security is extremely important. Investors should choose exchanges with industry-standard security measures, including multi-factor authentication, firewalls, and malware.
4. Payment Methods
Traders should be able to place trades smoothly. This means exchange platforms must support widely used and secure payment methods, including bank transfers, credit card payments, e-wallets, and even cryptocurrencies.
Crypto trading platforms should be regulated by a recognized regulatory body to facilitate crypto trades legally.
These are some of the best platforms available in Australia that would work for both novice and expert traders. This article will get a complete list of the Best crypto exchanges Australia that will help you choose a suitable exchange to buy and sell crypto.
Which is the safest crypto exchange in Australia?
CoinSpot is Australia’s safest crypto exchange due to the security and trust it has gained over the years.
Which Crypto Exchange has the lowest fees in Australia?
Binance is the best crypto exchange Australia that offer the lowest trading fees to its users.
Which Crypto Exchanges Have the Most Coins?
Currently, Binance holds the position of having the most coins.
Which is the biggest crypto exchange?
Of all the crypto exchanges in Australia, Binance is the biggest one. Larger crypto exchanges possess high liquidity levels.
What is the best way to buy Cryptocurrency in Australia?
To buy cryptocurrency, below are the steps to be followed:
- You need to pick a broker or a reputable crypto exchange.
- Then, create and verify your account.
- Deposit cash.
- Order your cryptocurrency.
- Select a storage method.
Do you need a license to trade crypto in Australia?
To trade crypto in Australia, yes, you must hold an Australian Financial License (AFS).
Which Australian banks allow cryptocurrency purchases?
Judo Bank, Macquarie, Westpac, Chrono, Reserve Bank of Australia, and Commonwealth Bank allow cryptocurrency purchases.
Which app is best for crypto purchases in Australia?
The best apps in Australia are as follows:
- Binance App
- CoinJar App
- Coinspot App
- Swyftx App